Intel on Monday announced SSD DC S3700 solid-state drives with up to 800GB of capacity, designed to deliver improved performance and power efficiency.
Intel on Monday announced its latest SSD 335 solid-state drive, which is being pitched as a hard-drive replacement for laptops.
The devastating floods in Thailand will cause a 28 percent quarter-on-quarter drop in hard disk drive (HDD) production in the fourth quarter, potentially affecting notebook production in early 2012, research firm IHS iSuppli said on Monday.
After reading The Best of Both Worlds: An SSD and a HDD, George McCluney asked if it's possible to combine both drives on a laptop.
Intel on Wednesday announced the new 710 series solid-state drives, which the company is pitching as a replacement to hard drives in enterprise servers.
Intel on Wednesday issued a firmware upgrade that fixes a bug that caused its SSD 320 solid-state drives to crash and lose data, months after the issue first came to light.
Intel on Monday said it will issue a firmware upgrade within two weeks to fix a bug that causes its SSD 320 solid-state drives to fail, which should resolve months of criticism of the company's slow response to the problem.
People who make, buy and sell flash storage could detect counterfeit products based on the unique "fingerprints" of the chips, using techniques being developed by university researchers.
Tablet users may need more storage capacity in the future, and Samsung Semiconductor on Thursday announced it is now making its fastest solid-state drives for tablets and laptops with capacity of up to 512GB.
This vendor-written tech primer is submitted on the behalf of the NVMe Promoter Group, which is backed by Cisco, Dell, EMC, IDT, Intel, Micron, NetApp, Oracle, SandForce, and STEC. Readers should note it favors the NVMe's approach.
Flash storage vendor Fusion-io has agreed to buy IO Turbine for up to $US95 million to extend its on-server cache products to virtualized environments.
In a bid to maximize the speed advantage of solid-state storage, more vendors are promoting approaches that move it closer to the CPUs that process stored data.
Intel on Sunday acknowledged that a bug could cause its SSD 320 solid-state drives to fail, and said a firmware upgrade is on its way to address the problem.
Intel is investigating a potential bug that may be causing SSD 320 solid-state drives to fail. The company is offering replacement drives to affected customers until the issue is resolved, a customer service representative said.
Plenty of hardware vendors are pushing out Solid State Disk products to speed up data access. Now a startup is emerging from stealth mode with server software designed to make it easier to use SSD with existing storage systems and applications.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 4 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 5 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- Five Eyes want “cooperation” from tech companies on encryption
- Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
- AMD, Nvidia coin mining graphics cards appear as gaming GPU shortage intensifies
- Why is the iPhone having an existential crisis? | The iPhone Show
- Akitio Node Cabinet review: Real, affordable graphics for your laptop
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
- Alienware 13 full, in-depth review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPTest Analyst - Web ApplicationsQLD
- CCSystems TesterNSW
- FTSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTWintel Server EngineerOther
- FTWintel EngineerSA
- FTSenior Business ConsultantOther
- FTCustomer Support Team LeadNSW
- FTPractice Director Development – Adelaide Delivery CentreSA
- FTJunior Java developerACT
- FTASP.NET DeveloperNSW
- FTData Analytics & Visualisation Analyst - SQL, TABLEAU, VBAOther
- FTSupport AnalystOther
- FT3rd Line Engineer (IT Technical Consultant)Other
- FTSenior Security Analyst - TelecommunicationsOther
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTWorkforce AnalystOther
- FTFinancial AnalystOther
- FTApplication Support AnalystOther
- FTEnterprise Transformation ArchitectOther
- FTSystem EngineerNSW
- FTICT Security Senior ManagerACT
- FTSystems Engineer SCCMACT
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectOther
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- FTIT ManagerNSW