Opponents of a U.S. Senate bill intended to encourage businesses to share information about cyberthreats may have stalled a vote on the legislation.
YouTube Kids blasted for ad-heavy content... new battery tech promises one-minute charge times... CurrentC payments coming mid-year... and more tech news.
Researchers at Stanford University have developed a new battery that can be recharged in about a minute and is safer than the lithium ion cells used in everything from smartwatches to passenger jets.
Researchers at Stanford University have come up with a new way to make chips and solar panels using gallium arsenide, a semiconductor that beats silicon in several important areas but is typically too expensive for widespread use.
U.S. businesses and government agencies need to work more closely together to combat the growing threat of cyberattacks, President Barack Obama said Friday.
For decades, scientists have fantasized about creating robots with brain-like intelligence. This year, researchers tempted by that dream made great progress on achieving what has been called the holy grail of computing.
Take a drive on Highway 101 between Silicon Valley and San Francisco these days and you might see one of Google's driverless cars in the lane next to you. The vehicles are one of the most visible signs of the increasing amount of research going on in...
Today's announcement that Google co-founder Larry Page would replace Eric Schmidt as the company's CEO was a surprise, but maybe it shouldn't have been. While the company's earnings are still stellar, Schmidt has made a series of embarrassing stateme...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- The 10 best Android apps for Chromebooks
- This week in games: Homeworld's lost expansion returns, 15 minutes of Beyond Good & Evil 2
- The Steam Link is currently on sale for $15
- It's time to upgrade to TLS 1.3 already, says CDN engineer
- Kogan Agora 8 phone: Full, in-depth review
PCW Evaluation Team
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPAnalyst ProgrammerSA
- FTWintel Server EngineerOther
- CCProgram CoordinatorNSW
- CCPMO AdministratorVIC
- FTL1 Service Desk SupportWA
- FT.Net DeveloperOther
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- CCICT System TrainersACT
- TPTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- FTWintel EngineerSA
- PTPart-time Cisco EngineerWA
- TPFull Stack PHP / Web DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Java DeveloperQLD
- TPSenior Communications ManagerACT
- FTC# DeveloperOther
- FTImplementation Consultant - SMSF SoftwareOther
- CCSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- CCPerformance TesterNSW
- TPSenior .NET AWS DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - BI, Analytics and Data modellingOther
- FTBusiness Development Manager - TechnologyACT
- CCNetezza DeveloperNSW
- FTSharePoint DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Analyst Programmer - Equities or DerivativesOther