With cloud saves, in-game overlays, screenshots, and more, GOG Galaxy is now a viable alternative to the Steam desktop client.
Twitch wants to go head-to-head with Steam by selling games to its viewers.
A Steam update late last week makes it so you can finally move a game to a new drive from within the client, rather than dragging the folder manually. Good news for SSD owners.
A Reddit Q&A with Gabe Newell teases the existence of unannounced projects, particularly in virtual reality, and Valve continues to acknowledge it needs to work on Steam's support system. That and more inside.
Plus Mass Effect Andromeda snags a release date, EverQuest Next spinoff Landmark shutting down, and more. This is gaming news for January 2 through 6.
Steam lets you share your games library with others. Just be careful who you share with.
Steam lets you re-download your purchased games, but sometimes it's easier to keep a local back up.
C:// isn't your only choice for storing Steam games if you have multiple drives attached to your PC.
Steam can do a whole lot more than let you buy and play games. Buckle up and get ready to dive deep into Steam's hidden features for power users.
It's not easy to turn your Steam games into Live Tiles, but this Windows Store app can help.
Itch.io has made a name for itself among indie game developers. Now it just needs to resonate with consumers.
The film and music industry has a long tradition of digging up and preserving their intellectual property so that it can continually be enjoyed by audiences both in the present and future.
Steam, it seems, is getting too big for its britches, or at least that's the sentiment conveyed by Gearbox CEO Randy Pitchford in an interview with Maximum PC.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTUrgent -Java Developer (Programmer). 3 different positionsACT
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- TPReporting DeveloperWA
- FTProject Control Analyst - PMONSW
- TPTechnical AnalystVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence Analyst - Microsoft BI Stack - NewcastleNSW
- CCPega DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- FTPMO Quality OfficerNSW
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- CCData Migration AnalystQLD
- FTLooking for Software TestersACT
- CCICT Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCScada Project ManagerWA
- FTSoftware EngineerWA
- CCSenior Project Manager (Office 365) - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTUrgent -Java Developer (Programmer). 3 different positionsNSW
- CCApplications Support/ DevOps EngineerQLD
- TPJunior Node.js DeveloperVIC
- TPSQL Database AdministratorNSW
- FTSQL DBA SpecialistVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCJava Developer - IntergrationQLD