The leading developer of standards for the microelectronics industry today announced new metrics for determining the endurance and reliability of solid-state drives (SSD), allowing users to more easily select the best products for applications.
When Data Robotics launched its first Drobo storage device three years ago, the company made a splash in the normally staid and stodgy storage market.
STEC Corp. on Tuesday released its highest endurance and performance solid-state drive (SSD) family to date. The drives are aimed at enterprise-class servers that can handle up to 30,000 I/O per second and have more than a five-year lifespan.
SanDisk today announced a joint agreement with middleware vendor NDS MediaHighway that will allow it to sell its solid-state drives (SSD) to set-top box makers.
Pliant Technology today introduced a new family of lower-cost, higher-capacity solid state drives (SSD) based on consumer-grade NAND flash memory but built for data center use.
Hewlett-Packard today announced several product upgrades for its small and mid-sized customers, including a new version of its modular storage array with 10Gbit/sec. Ethernet ports.
Northrop Grumman today apologized for an outage that began last Wednesday and caused 26 Virginia state agencies to lose their Web services, some for more than a week.
Rice University announced today that scientists there have created the first two-terminal memory chips that use only silicon, extending the limits of miniaturization subject to Moore's Law.
A survey of 278 IT managers found that spending on storage systems is expected to remain flat through next year due to a soft economy and new technologies that allow IT administrators to do more with what they already have.
EMC today unveiled upgrades to its midrange Clariion storage array and Celerra network-attached storage (NAS) gateway as well as new block-level data compression technology in its Fully Automated Storage Tiering(FAST) software.
After two years of inflated prices, NAND flash memory prices are expected to dip down to a key $1 per gigabyte level, according to a new report by research firm iSuppli.
SanDisk Wednesday unveiled a solid state drive (SSD) that is smaller than a postage stamp and weighs less than a paperclip.
Intel and Micron Technology today announced the delivery of 3-bit-per-cell (3bpc) NAND flash memory on 25-nanometer lithography technology. The new flash memory chips represent the industry's highest capacity, smallest NAND device to date, the compan...
Intel today introduced an update to its Atom processor-based platform for home and small business storage appliances.
Micron Technology Inc. today said it is shipping what it calls the fastest enterprise-class solid-state drive (SSD) on the market.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- This week in games: Homeworld's lost expansion returns, 15 minutes of Beyond Good & Evil 2
- The Steam Link is currently on sale for $15
- It's time to upgrade to TLS 1.3 already, says CDN engineer
- Kogan Agora 8 phone: Full, in-depth review
- Steam's Summer Sale kicks off with a $15 Steam Link, game discounts galore, and digital stickers
PCW Evaluation Team
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSnr Java DeveloperVIC
- FTSecurity ArchitectOther
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTPractise Manager - SecurityVIC
- FTICT Project ManagerQLD
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- TPPrincipal Project Manager|HRIS ProgramQLD
- FTContracts Admin/ Commercial Analyst- NSW Government backgroundOther
- FTSenior Citrix Engineer / LeadNSW
- FTLinux Support EngineerOther
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- CCJunior DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Project AnalystOther
- FTWeb Developer - VR 3D WebGL - Lake MacquarieNSW
- FTPeopleSoft Technical Campus Solution DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer - IP routing & switchingOther
- FTDigital ProducerOther
- FTOffice & Operations AdministratorNSW
- FTVoice Solution Engineer - Telecommunications (cisco)Other
- TPTest Analyst - Web ApplicationsQLD
- FTSoftware Development ManagerACT
- TPBI DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Analyst - Security / DevOpsOther
- FTProject / Program ManagerOther