The new LaCie Rugged Thunderbolt USB-C was designed by Neil Poulton, an award-winning Scottish product designer. It’s nice to see a rugged portable hard drive with function and form.
Western Digital has developed a monstrous 14TB hard drive that is now shipping for testing to customers.
The OpenCAPI Consortium and Gen-Z are announcing new ports and protocols that will give computers faster memory, storage, and processors.
Seagate pushes the 2.5-inch drive needle all the way to 5TB.
ADATA recently launched what it calls its smallest and fastest external SSD, a 250GB drive that happens to be waterproof and shock resistant to military standards. But it falls short on speed and price.
Toshiba's new OCZ VX500 SSD line will retail for 30 cents to 37 cents per gigabyte, among the lowest for NAND flash memory.
Samsung's 4TB 850 EVO offers consumers a viable alternative to hard drives for bulk storage.
One in two Australian Internet users in Australia use Dropbox. Worldwide, more than 1.2 billion files are saved to the cloud storage service every 24 hours. And until recently, all those files were sitting in Amazon Web Services’ public cloud.
The annual World Backup Day, which came and went on March 31 without much fanfare, is designed as a reminder for good data hygiene. Yet for companies where backup is not only good hygiene but crucial to the survival of the business, each successive e...
The Australian Broadcasting commission is embarking on a massive reworking of its electronic, computing, Internet and archival facilities in what is set to be one of the biggest and most complex upgrade IT sequences seen in this country.
Microsoft has partnered with a San Francisco-based company to encode information on synthetic DNA to test its potential as a new medium for data storage.
If you have $US1299 to spend, Akitio's external Thunder3 PCIe SSD storage system will deliver blazing speed and more.
In an industry first, Seagate has been able to boost areal density to 1TB per platter in a 2.5-inch form factor that's only 7mm high.
Toshiba Corporation has announced that Toshiba Group will implement a series of management measures under a Toshiba Revitalization Action Plan. This plan will include reducing its headcount by 6800, about 30 per cent of its global total.
While he thinks Dell buying EMC makes sense financially, Sun Microsystems co-founder, Vinod Khosla, has little faith in the merged company's ability to innovate.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
- AMD's new AM4 motherboard software cures Ryzen's memory headaches
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTDIRECTOR PROJECT DELIVERY, WELLINGTONNZ
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperNSW
- TPJunior Node.js DeveloperVIC
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksACT
- FTSenior Front End Developer - BRISBANEWA
- FTSenior Solution Designer/ ConsultantVIC
- FTPHP / WordPress DeveloperQLD
- TPIT Training OfficerQLD
- TPDatawarehouse Analyst/DeveloperSA
- FTAnalyst ProgrammerVIC
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - WintelNSW
- CCUser ResearchACT
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- TPProgram Governance Lead (PMO)VIC
- CCSenior Network Architect l CCNP/CCIE R&S l Cisco ACINSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Banking/FinanceNSW
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- TPPrincipal Data Analyst | ArcGIS | Power BI | QlikQLD
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- CCApplications Support/ DevOps EngineerQLD
- FTPrincipal Project ManagerVIC
- FTUX / UI Designer MobileNSW
- FTSoftware Licensing and Contract AnalystNSW
- FTSenior DBANSW