Hitachi Data Systems (HDS) today announced a new version of its enterprise-class storage controller, the Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform, which replaces the Universal Storage Platform V (USPV) as its flagship offering.
Orange Business Services appears poised to become a cloud service provider using pre-integrated "VBlocks" from Cisco Systems, EMC and VMware.
Seagate has clearly had a busy year with the launch of its GoFlex storage line. The latest entry in that line is the FreeAgent GoFlex 1.5TB portable drive, which packs half a terabyte more than the competition offers in a 2.5-inch design. The $250 dr...
The leading developer of standards for the microelectronics industry today announced new metrics for determining the endurance and reliability of solid-state drives (SSD), allowing users to more easily select the best products for applications.
Sony will launch an external Blu-ray Disc rewritable drive this month that can burn BD-R discs that support 6X speed, but users hoping for fast transfers might encounter a bottleneck in the form of their computer.
EMC today announced that it is sponsoring a project to digitize the collections of the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum and make them globally accessible via the Internet.
What a difference a year makes. Last September, Oracle CEO Larry Ellison launched into a tirade about the "nonsense" that cloud computing had become. The industry had gone haywire, he said, and slapped the buzzword on technologies that weren't really...
Seagate today unveiled what it calls the world's first 2.5-in, 1.5TB portable hard disk drive.
Oracle has integrated its software into the Sun ZFS Storage Appliance line for a new generation of the systems that also doubles storage capacity and triples processing power, the company said on Monday at Oracle OpenWorld.
Data storage vendor Scale Computing has set up in the UK and has announced its first British customer, City of London. The company, which specialises in selling to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), claimed that its highly modular approach to...
Amid tensions over ex-Hewlett-Packard CEO Mark Hurd's move to Oracle, HP will announce a new series of systems on Sunday for running Oracle applications on a private cloud.
Today, many enterprises find themselves mired in the ever increasing need of bigger inboxes and larger archives. But the problem is that their IT departments haven't got the dough to buy more storage."
When Data Robotics launched its first Drobo storage device three years ago, the company made a splash in the normally staid and stodgy storage market.
A new wireless NAS device from LaCie not only stores up to 2TB of data, it also is a wireless router and a video streaming center. For less than Apple's Time Capsule. How does it stack up?
Brocade today announced a new application aimed at managing storage-area networks (SAN) that use the Internet or Fibre Channel protocols through a single user interface.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectWA
- CCData ArchitectACT
- CCProgram ManagerVIC
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksNSW
- CCGIS Consultant/ Developer - BRISBANEVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTDevOps Engineer | $90 p/hrVIC
- FTCustomer Account Officers x3NSW
- FTSoftware TesterACT
- TPTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerACT
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTIteration ManagerQLD
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Support / Desktop SupportSA
- FTSoftware DeveloperQLD
- FTDatabase Engineer (Oracle)ACT
- FTHealthcare Integration Support/ Junior DBA - Brisbane BasedQLD
- FTSecurity ConsultantQLD
- CCData AnalystNSW
- TPProject Manager - SOE / Office 365VIC