Toshiba on Tuesday introduced a new hard drive feature that can wipe out data after the storage devices are powered down.
IT spending has shown some hefty recovery after the economic travails of previous years. According to research from IDC, global sales of software and hardware have recovered from the low point of the recession and, consequently, the analysis company ...
With the push for larger mailbox sizes by users and increasing compliance requirements by legal departments, e-mail archiving is no longer optional for most organisations. But thanks to new technologies available in Exchange 2010 and Exchange 2010 SP...
The number of adults using the Internet to find health-related information leaped from 154 million in 2009 to 175 million this year, according to a Harris Interactive poll released today. It's the largest year-over-year increase since the poll began ...
Kingston Technology Co. today announced the release of its first water-cooled DDR3 memory kit for PCs, which it said provides longer-term reliability.
Samsung Electronics Co. today announced what it's calling the world's highest-density hard disk drive for desktop systems.
The onslaught of unstructured digital content -- video, audio and images -- is taxing storage systems and creating the need to be able to store multi-petabytes, but current industry practices using RAID and replication to accomplish data protection a...
Networking, storage and virtualization vendors Cisco , NetApp, and VMware on Wednesday announced what they said is the first certified end-to-end Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) storage network for VMware server environments.
IBM on Thursday said it had agreed to acquire data compression technology company Storwize for an undisclosed sum.
The storage capacity of Blu-ray discs is doubling, with companies including Sharp, TDK and Verbatim preparing to launch new discs that can store up to 100GB of data.
Memory maker SanDisk has ousted its latest USB flash drive, claiming it's the smallest that the company has ever released.
EMC announced three new products, including a new midrange Data Domain deduplication appliance, a new disk archive system with deduplication for mainfames and a disk library series with arrays that scale from 8TB to 1.4PB.
The thicket of federal, state, and industry-specific regulations is enormously complex. Most organizations fail to comply with some rules, often due to policy conflicts. The best way for companies to navigate the maze and avoid penalties is to show a...
A sequence of errors led to Dell's delivery of motherboards with malware and the company is in the process of overhauling its testing process to resolve issues before dispatching hardware to customers, it said on Thursday.
Samsung Tuesday announced its new 1TB Spinpoint MT2 2.5-inch internal hard drive.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- The AI fight is escalating: This is the IT giants' next move
- MSI Wins Computex Best Choice Award 2017 for a Record-Breaking 5 Products
- How to take screenshots in Windows 10
- The Pi Desktop kit transforms your Raspberry Pi into a stylish, SSD-powered mini-PC
- The Full Nerd episode 23: AMD Threadripper vs Intel Core i9, Radeon Vega is here(ish)
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCReporting Business AnalystACT
- CCSenior Network Architect - CCIEVIC
- FTSales Lead / Sales Executive - Enterprise IT Healthcare Perm - North RydeNSW
- TPICT Customer Support OfficerNSW
- TPServiceNow ConsultantVIC
- TPLevel 2/3 Technical Service AnalystOther
- CCSecurity Incident Analyst - Splunk - TelcoVIC
- CCInfrastructure EngineerACT
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW
- CCIT Security Risk AnalystVIC
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- FTWeb Content WriterACT
- CCXML DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Data EngineerVIC
- TPSystems EngineerQLD
- CCSalesforce Marketing CloudNSW
- TPArcGIS DeveloperVIC
- FTIT Data ArchitectACT
- FTNodeJS and AngularJS DeveloperQLD
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW