EMC Corp. Tuesday unveiled a high-end Symmetrix storage array that is based on Intel Corp.'s x86 quad-core processors and integrates VMware's APIs to automate the provisioning of storage for virtual machines across multiple tiers of disk drives, from...
Intel Corp. has released a firmware upgrade for its consumer solid-state disk drive, the X25-M, which suffers from fragmentation issues resulting in performance degradation over time.
Experts from IBM, Seagate Inc. and storage interface card vendor LSI Corp. Tuesday said solid state disk (SSD) drive technology will replace high-end Fibre Channel and serial SCSI disk drives for several I/O-intensive applications in the enterprise. ...
Needing to better deal with 50 billion files worth of photos, engineers at Facebook are installing a new photo storage system they say is 50% faster than traditional systems.
Nanotechnology researchers say they have achieved a breakthrough that could fit the contents of 250 DVDs on a coin-sized surface and might also have implications for displays and solar cells.
NetApp is killing off StoreVault, a network storage appliance designed for small and midsize businesses. While NetApp will not provide any further product upgrades for StoreVault, which had recently been renamed the S Family/S550, NetApp will continu...
The feature to quickly recover data in PCs and Windows is under attack. Data recovery firm Xpoint earlier this week sued IT giants including Intel, Dell, Hewlett-Packard and Microsoft for infringing on patents to quickly restore data in the event of ...
Storage on flash memory cards in devices such as digital cameras could rocket to 2TB if new specifications announced by an industry association on Wednesday are implemented.
The SATA 6Gbps standard is coming in the second quarter, says Conrad Maxwell, SATA-IO marketing chair.
Nearly a decade after USB 2.0 was first introduced, this practically ubiquitous technology is poised for its first major upgrade in years. Symwave, a semiconductor startup, and hard-drive maker Seagate are showing the first working demonstration of S...
Solid-state disks, hard-disk drive replacements filled with flash memory chips, have become popular in the laptop computing space and now they're expanding to other markets. At this week's International Consumer Electronics Show, Samsung Electronics ...
Seagate has begun volume shipments of a new desktop hard-disk drive that offers 1TB of storage space across two disks.
Researchers at Rice University have demonstrated a new data storage medium made out of a layer of graphite only 10 atoms thick.
Toshiba said Thursday that it will soon offer samples of 512G-byte solid-state drives, which could make their way to laptops and other devices by mid- or late next year.
To migrate data from one location to another, Seth Georgion has had to devise some creative ways to transmit data from remote locations, including ships in the Pacific Ocean and taverns in the Australian outback, using T1 lines and satellites. Georgi...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 2 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 3 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
- 4 TCL X2 review: QLED escapes the premium market
- 5 Xbox One X review: Brave new world
Join the newsletter!
- Entering year three, Rainbow Six Siege is still the only true "next-gen" shooter
- Confirmed: AMD will loan chips to help with motherboard updates for Ryzen APUs
- Intel says it's been hit with 32 separate lawsuits over Spectre, Meltdown
- VPN Unlimited review: Good speeds, but what's with that map?
- Who should buy a Ryzen APU, and who shouldn't
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Sony a7R Mk III review: The strongest case yet for ditching your DSLR
- Monster Hunter World review
- Oppo R11s: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTDigital Developer - Back endVIC
- FTSupply Chain / Logistics Project ManagerOther
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTMarketing Analyst - $60 phOther
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Product MigrationOther
- FTLead Project Manager, Transformation, Refurbishment & UpgradesOther
- FTScrum MasterOther
- FTSecurity AdvisorOther
- TPProject ManagerNSW
- FTProject Manager (Rail/ Signalling/Electrical / Construction)Other
- FTSCRUM Master .Net DeveloperOther
- TPProject Manager - EDRMSQLD
- FTSQL Developer / Data AnalystOther
- FTJunior level .NET DeveloperNSW
- FTPython DeveloperOther
- CCHadoop DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Analyst, Portfolio Management & GovernanceOther
- CCDigital DesignerNSW
- FTETL DeveloperOther
- FTLead Salesforce DeveloperOther
- FTProgram Manager - SAP Asset ManagementOther
- FTDevOps EngineerOther
- FTPega DeveloperOther
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD