Oracle appeared to confirm this week what many in the computer industry already suspected: The OpenSolaris project is dead.
Oracle has started up work again on a large data centre in the Salt Lake City, Utah, area, after suspending the project without public explanation last year.
James Gosling, the creator of the Java programming language, has resigned from Oracle, he announced in a blog entry on Friday
Oracle's plan to merge the Sun HotSpot Java Virtual Machine with the JRockit JVM is still evolving, but a single JVM based on both technologies is expected in 18 months to two years, an Oracle official said during a Webcast this week.
Oracle plans to broaden its range of virtualization offerings, thanks to a number of applications obtained in the Sun Microsystems acquisition, said Oracle chief architect Edward Screven.
Oracle will pare back Sun Microsystems' server lines and move to a build-to-order model to cut costs and get the hardware company back to profitability, Oracle executives said on Wednesday.
The European Commission granted Oracle an unconditional approval to take over Sun Microsystems on Thursday, following a controversial and drawn out examination of the deal.The deal still awaits approval in other jurisdictions, including Russia and Ch...
With the European Commission seen as virtually certain to approve Oracle's acquisition of Sun Microsystems in just a week, those campaigning to prevent the deal encompassing Sun's MySQL database unit have shifted their efforts to regulators in Russia...
Sun and Fujitsu upgraded their Sparc Enterprise M3000 server, equipping it with newer hardware to deliver faster performance, the companies said on Tuesday.
Sun Microsystems officials introduced on Thursday Sun's upgrades to three Java-based technologies, including the company's latest implementation of enterprise Java. But they were silent on the elephant in the room: How the company's efforts might be ...
Sun Microsystems, which has been pretty much silent in recent months while awaiting its merger with Oracle, will open up on Thursday about the latest developments in its Java technologies.
Usage of the open-source MySQL database is set to decline if Oracle succeeds in buying the software's owner, Sun Microsystems, according to new data released by analyst firm The 451 Group on Friday.
Fifty-nine U.S. senators have asked European antitrust regulators to speed up their investigation into Oracle's planned acquisition of Sun Microsystems, due to Sun's "deteriorating financial condition."
Oracle and Sun Microsystems have been granted an extra week to defend their planned US$7 billion merger in front of European regulators, the European Commission said Friday.
The European Commission on Monday issued its formal "statement of objections" over Oracle's planned acquisition of Sun Microsystems, saying the deal would harm competition in the database market.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- The 10 best Android apps for Chromebooks
- This week in games: Homeworld's lost expansion returns, 15 minutes of Beyond Good & Evil 2
- The Steam Link is currently on sale for $15
- It's time to upgrade to TLS 1.3 already, says CDN engineer
- Kogan Agora 8 phone: Full, in-depth review
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSupport AnalystOther
- FTTech LeadOther
- FTSenior Developer (C# .NET SharePoint)Other
- FTSecurity Engineer - SIEMNSW
- TPAgile Senior Business AnalystVIC
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Infrastructure Business AnalystVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- TPSenior .NET AWS DeveloperNSW
- FTSAP TesterVIC
- FTSenior Java DeveloperOther
- FTCustomer Support Team LeadNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer - Positive Vetting, NV2 or NV1 required!!!!SA
- TPJava DeveloperNSW
- FTHelpdesk AnalystOther
- FTPython Fullstack Developer (Full Stack Environment)Other
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Investment FundsNSW
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystACT
- FTNetwork ArchitectACT
- FTIntegration & BI Manager - C-levelNSW
- FTWintel EngineerACT
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW