Microsoft’s new tablet, the Surface 3, is looking to be a compelling option to Apple’s iPad. Here are seven reasons the Surface 3 may make you want to leave your iPad at home.
Surface 3 in pictures
Microsoft unveils the Surface Go: a 10-inch Surface tablet priced to attract the everyday user at $399, alongside an updated Surface Mobile Mouse and pen. Just don't expect too much in terms of performance.
The Surface 3 isn't in production anymore, but you can still find sales on remaining stock every now and then.
Microsoft may take aim at Chromebooks' dominance in schools with an inexpensive Surface and cloud-based Windows.
The Surface Mouse, Surface Keyboard, and Surface Ergonomic Keyboard are designed for use with Microsoft's new Surface Studio all-in-one PC.
Microsoft's Surface Studio all-in-one represents the company's first foray into traditional desktop PCs—and is a direct rival to Apple's 5K iMac.
High-speed storage for hi-res photos and videos
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Moto G7 Plus review: Better where it counts
- 2 Nokia 9 PureView review: A flawed, ambitious, endearing flagship
- 3 Google Pixel 3a review: Less is more
- 4 Oppo A5Xs review: Cutting corners
- 5 Moto G7 review: The new gold standard for budget buyers
Join the newsletter!
- Netgear Nighthawk XR700 review: Overkill
- The PCI Express 6.0 specification is announced and due to arrive in 2021, with products to follow
- PowerPoint's Presenter Coach will flag your filthy language and other gaffes
- Google's RCS Chat for Android is the messaging service we should have gotten 5 years ago
- Fledging Shell USB 3.1: A small, fast and portable M.2 NVMe to USB 3.1 enclosure
PCW Evaluation Team
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
Microsoft Office continues to make a student’s life that little bit easier by offering reliable, easy to use, time-saving functionality, while continuing to develop new features that further enhance what is already a formidable collection of applications
I’d recommend a Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 and the new Windows 10 to anyone who needs to get serious work done (before you kick back on your couch with your favourite Netflix show.)
It’s useful for office tasks as well as pragmatic labelling of equipment and storage – just don’t get too excited and label everything in sight!
- Everything you need to know before you buy a 5G phone in Australia
- Huawei P30 Pro: Full, in-depth review
- Computex 2019
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?