Acer expects to meet its target of shipping 250,000 to 300,000 ultrabooks in the fourth quarter, it said Wednesday, after struggling with declining PC sales this past year.
The Federal Court of Australia has today overturned the preliminary injunction against the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 in Australia, paving the way for the banned tablet to be officially sold Down Under.
A speedy successor to PCI data transfer protocols used in PCs and interconnects like Intel's Thunderbolt is being designed with tablets in mind, a standards-setting organization said on Tuesday.
Interest in tablets with Microsoft's Windows 8 is plummeting, Forrester Research said in a study released on Tuesday.
Lenovo unveiled three new tablets and a smartphone for the Chinese market on Tuesday and said it will launch a smart TV product in the first quarter of next year.
Microsoft said on Tuesday it will license the protocols for many of its enterprise systems to a company that will develop compatible applications for non-Microsoft mobile operating systems, including Google's Android and Apple's iOS.
During the first 10 months of this year, 1.2 million tablet computers were sold in the US and none of them were iPads.
Hewlett-Packard, which recently discontinued its TouchPad tablets, took the top spot among tablet vendors behind Apple's iPad this year through October, according to research from NPD.
In the five months since Asus announced the Asus Padfone, few details have been revealed about this Android smartphone that can turn into a tablet.
Heavily discounted PCs and tablets will be sold by top retailers on Black Friday, which marks one of the most active shopping days in the U.S. Walmart and Best Buy will offer fully equipped laptops for under US$200, <a href="http://www.pcworld.com/ar...
The integration of mobile networks and Wi-Fi promises to make hotspots more popular and easier to access, but it will also put pressure on providers to improve performance, according to hotspot aggregator Boingo Wireless.
Some of Taiwan's smaller manufacturers said they were relieved to see Google release the source code for its Android 4.0 operating system, after being cut out of the picture with its previous Honeycomb version.
Optus has today announced the launch of two new Android tablets, both which will be sold on 24 month contract plans with no upfront cost.
Most tablets and e-readers today use LCD or e-ink technology, but a new challenger that promises sharp color and reduced screen power consumption could be used in devices in a matter of months.
Christmas may be the season to be jolly, but if you're hoping for some brand-new iOS apps to lift your festive mood over the holidays then we're afraid you're in for a disappointment.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AMD's new AM4 motherboard software cures Ryzen's memory headaches
- Get real, Microsoft: If the Surface Pro is a laptop, bundle it with a Type Cover
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The top 3 Best DDR4 computer memory RAM kits in 2017 that you can buy right now
- Watch us play Vanquish on PC
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- TPSupport AnalystVIC
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTLead ArchitectVIC
- CCTRIM TrainerACT
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP ISU Functional ConsultantVIC
- FTWeb Developer - 2 PositionsQLD
- CCDisaster Recovery SpecialistQLD
- FTPrincipal Project ManagerVIC
- TPSoftware Engineer / DeveloperQLD
- FTJunior .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTSecurity Engineer (Cisco ASA) - Professional Services - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTDealing Room Support Analyst - IPC voiceNSW
- FTUrgent -Java Developer (Programmer). 3 different positionsACT
- TPData Migration LeadNSW
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCSQL Server Database Specialist l Bathurst LocationNSW
- TPSenior Helpdesk Support OfficerQLD
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- FTUX DesignerNSW
- FTTelecommunications Provisioning LeadQLD
- FTAccount Manager - Technology SolutionsNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - ImprovementQLD
- FTTechnology Project ManagerNSW