Some retailers sold out remaining Hewlett-Packard TouchPad tablets in just a few hours on Saturday after heavily discounted prices attracted buyers to the last remaining units of the soon-to-be defunct tablet.
Vendors like Hewlett-Packard, Dell, Acer and Toshiba may dominate the worldwide PC market, but their efforts to turn those leads into smartphone success have failed, highlighted by HP's decision on Thursday to stop developing its WebOS-based products...
HP has sensationally abandoned its webOS line of products, consigning the HP TouchPad tablet to the dustbin less than a week after it launched in Australia.
Hewlett-Packard's announcement on Thursday to stop making tablets and smartphones based on webOS surprised many analysts, who said the company buckled under the pressure of Apple's momentum and growing support for Android.
Hewlett-Packard will discontinue operations for webOS devices, specifically the TouchPad tablets and smartphones. It also confirmed that it is exploring the possible spin-off or sale of its Personal Systems Group (PSG), which dominates the global PC ...
India's largest mobile operator, Bharti Airtel, and second largest, Reliance Communications, are bundling Android tablets priced at between US$220 and $285 with their mobile services, in a bid to increase use of their data plans.
Lenovo reported strong earnings for the quarter ended June 30, with the company's net profits nearly doubling year-over-year.
Dell expects both Windows 8 and Android to be credible options for tablet customers next year, and indicated it plans to offer products built around the two operating systems, a company executive said on Wednesday.
Samsung is again free to sell its Android-based Galaxy Tab 10.1 in all European Union countries except for Germany, after a court in Düsseldorf changed its injunction enacted last week.
Apple and its lawyers have, perhaps inadvertently, misled the judge of a Düsseldorf court by filing flawed evidence of the similarity between the iPad 2 and Samsung's Galaxy Tab 10.1 tablets based on an inaccurate picture, an investigation by Webwere...
Sprint has decided not to offer a WiMax version of the BlackBerry PlayBook, the company said Friday.
Samsung will head to court on Aug. 25 to defend its right to sell the Galaxy Tab 10.1 in most of Europe, following a preliminary injunction Apple obtained earlier this week at a court in Düsseldorf.
Acer on Friday started shipping a US$329 Iconia Tab A100 tablet, which the company says is the first tablet with a 7-inch screen to run Android 3.2.
HP has today announced that it has cut the pricing of its TouchPad tablet, just four days before its official launch in Australia.
Intel will invest $US300 million in companies that develop new technologies for Ultrabooks, a class of thin and light laptops promoted as an alternative to tablet PCs.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- MSI Wins COMPUTEX Best Choice Award 2017 for a Record-Breaking 5 Products
- How to take screenshots in Windows 10
- The Pi Desktop kit transforms your Raspberry Pi into a stylish, SSD-powered mini-PC
- The Full Nerd episode 23: AMD Threadripper vs Intel Core i9, Radeon Vega is here(ish)
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSenior IT Project ManagerSA
- FTRelease / Implementation ManagerSA
- CCScada Project ManagerWA
- CCC++ DeveloperNSW
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Specialist - Cloud ServicesVIC
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager (Applications) - 2 positionsQLD
- FTApplication System EngineerACT
- FTSenior Microwave Transmission EngineerNSW
- FTDealing Room Support Analyst - IPC voiceNSW
- FTSystem AnalystNSW
- TPDigital Business Analyst - AgileQLD
- CCIT Security Risk AnalystVIC
- TPProject Manager - Change ManagementQLD
- FTNetwork EngineerQLD
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Control Analyst - PMOVIC
- TPICT Customer Support OfficerNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- PTProject ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Network Architect l CCNP/CCIE R&S l Cisco ACINSW