The world's top handset makers are meeting this week to finalize a version of an advanced mobile communication standard that would raise data transfer speeds to 1Gbps, an event organizer said on Monday.
Technology has taken a central role in Uganda’s electoral process, with SMS campaigns, websites, so-called robocalls, and even a presidential rap on YouTube playing a part in political campaigns concluding this week ahead of elections today.
Google's decision this week to ask the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office to re-examine a number of the Oracle patents at issue in the companies' ongoing intellectual-property case could have a significant effect on how the dispute plays out.
LogMeIn has added Android support to the latest version of its Rescue remote control software, the latest sign that developers are trying hard to make the platform a more rounded prospect for the business sector.
The Norton Mobile Utilities beta for Android is a useful but somewhat buggy suite of free tools that any self-respecting Android geek will want to download and test. To a certain extent, it's a proof of concept, because Symantec has not yet decided w...
BARCELONA -- AT&T Chairman Randall Stephenson today prodded carriers, manufacturers and regulators around the globe to create openness and interoperability in mobile devices, platforms and networks in a keynote address at the Mobile World Congres...
Clearwire gained 1.5 million subscribers in the fourth quarter of 2010 and more than doubled its revenue, but lost US$128 million, the mobile WiMax operator announced on Thursday.
The European Commission on Thursday told European Union countries that they need to take urgent action to allow the development of mobile satellite services.
Large swaths of the western and southern U.S. do not have access to wired or fixed wireless broadband, according to a new national broadband map released by two U.S. agencies Thursday.
Skype is looking toward developing markets for its mobile business as the popular voice-over-Internet Protocol service seeks to grow its presence in places where smartphone use is less common.
Almost everyone has a mobile phone (or two) in developed markets, but operators are still signing up more subscribers -- 6 million in five quarters, in AT&T's case. Those new customers are the machines around us, hooked up to the Internet to repo...
India has decided to annul a controversial agreement to lease satellite spectrum to a private company, claiming that it needs the S-band spectrum for national uses including defense.
More and more traveling executives are leaving their laptops behind in favor of the iPad. They're writing documents, crunching numbers, and sharing files. Can you really swap your laptop with an iPad? Here is my three-part game plan for success...
Ruckus Wireless has taken a big step in making Wi-Fi hotspots an integrated part of a mobile operators wireless connectivity. The company announced at Mobile World Congress a new wireless gateway that can manage vast numbers of access points and clie...
If you want to know what IT tools and technologies you'll be using in a few years, it pays to keep an eye on enterprise technology start-ups.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Anker's faster-charging 10,000mAh power bank is $27 right now
- How to take screenshots in Windows 10
- The Pi Desktop kit transforms your Raspberry Pi into a stylish, SSD-powered mini-PC
- The Full Nerd episode 23: AMD Threadripper vs Intel Core i9, Radeon Vega is here(ish)
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTWEB DesignerQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksNSW
- FTJunior .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager (Applications) - 2 positionsQLD
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksVIC
- TPSenior Project ManagerQLD
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Systems AnalystSA
- CCWCEM DeveloperACT
- TPETL DeveloperNSW
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- FTSecurity AnalystQLD
- CCWintel Server EngineerNSW
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectNSW
- TPDigital Process Business Analyst - Digital Transformation**NSW
- FTAccounts and Office AdministratorNSW
- FTProject Control Analyst - PMOACT
- CCData AnalystNSW
- FTProject Manager / Web DeveloperVIC
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- FTAgile CoachNSW
- FTUrgent -Java Developer (Programmer). 3 different positionsVIC