A rural Alabama town and a suburban area of Florida may be on the cutting edge of a historic shift away from traditional circuit-switched phone service, if AT&T wins approval to run trials in those areas.
European operators that want to offer their enterprise customers PTT (push-to-talk) services can turn to Ericsson and Kodiak Networks, which have launched a hosted platform they can use.
Movirtu has unveiled CloudPhone, a software platform that lets users make and receive calls over Wi-Fi networks using their mobile phone numbers on tablets and laptops without a regular SIM card.
Globalstar is hoping to open up the satellite telephony market to a wider audience with the introduction of its first pre-paid service.
French government and police officials requested 6,145 phone and data taps in 2012, fewer than in 2011, according to figures released by the French National Commission for the Control of Security Interceptions (CNCIS) earlier this week.
The U.S. is collecting nearly 5 billion records a day on the location of cellphones around the world to feed a large database of the location of "at least hundreds of millions of devices," according to a newspaper report.
Three prominent U.S. senators have in a federal court filing questioned the claim of the National Security Agency that its bulk collection of phone records is required for intelligence purposes.
Cisco will boost its enterprise collaboration stack with products designed to simplify the way companies secure communications, interact with external parties and manage their collaboration tools.
Siemens Enterprise Communications has changed its name to Unify and now hopes to take advantage of a growing interest in hosted unified communications.
Customers of French ISP Free will soon see their fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) connections upgraded from 100Mbps to 1Gbps, with no change to the monthly fee of €36 (US$50) including tax.
Cisco Systems has released new security patches for several versions of Unified Communications Manager (UCM) to address vulnerabilities that could allow remote attackers to execute arbitrary commands, modify system data or disrupt services.
T-Mobile US had 1.1 million net customer additions in the second quarter, as customers backed its new no-contract plans.
Cisco Systems released a security patch for its Unified Communications Manager (Unified CM) enterprise telephony product in order to mitigate an attack that could allow hackers to take full control of the systems. The company also patched denial-of-s...
The technology to implement Voice-over-LTE (VoLTE) is maturing, but mobile operators won't roll out telephony services in earnest until 2015. At the same time apps like Skype and Fring are growing quickly in popularity, according to Infonetics Resear...
A group of 26 U.S. senators, cutting across party lines, are seeking "public answers" on whether the National Security Agency collected in bulk other data such as credit card purchases and financial information in the U.S. besides phone records.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSenior Business Development Manager| SMSF/Accounting SoftwareNSW
- CCPega DeveloperWA
- FTPractise Manager - SecurityVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Project Manger - Global MarketsVIC
- FTInformation Management Business Capability AnalystACT
- FTClient Onboarding ManagerNSW
- CCProcurement & Contract SpecialistNSW
- FTJunior - Mid Level Technical Customer SupportQLD
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- FTL2/L3 Desktop Technician - FIFOWA
- TPFront End .NET DeveloperQLD
- FTState IT Systems EngineerTAS
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Support EngineerNSW
- FTLead Senior Systems Engineer | 90 - 120K + Super|VIC
- TPSolution Architect - Medical ImagingQLD
- TPIT Support AnalystNSW
- FTSupport OfficerSA
- FTReport Developer and Visualisation AnalystQLD
- FTProject Control Analyst - PMOVIC
- FTSenior SharePoint Administrator. Location -ACTACT
- CCGraduate DeveloperQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst - ImprovementQLD