As rumors swirl that Apple might be developing an electric car one of its major suppliers, Foxconn Technology Group, is moving ahead with its own plans to bring an electric-powered vehicle to China.
Will 2015 be the year that the "connected home" hyped at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas finally establishes itself in reality?
China's rampant piracy has made the country an unfriendly market for digital music, but the U.S,'s Warner Music Group hopes to change now that it has cut a distribution deal with one of the country's biggest Internet firms.
Porn, rumors, and anti-government content are all being targeted in China's latest push to filter online public expression.
After partnering with Apple and Twitter for the enterprise market, IBM is doing the same in China with local Internet giant Tencent in a deal targeting growing businesses in the country.
Baidu and Tencent are teaming up with a Chinese shopping mall operator in a joint venture that could steal business away from local e-commerce giant Alibaba Group.
China is tightening control over mobile messaging services with new rules that limit their role in spreading news.
Social networking sites in China that are modeled on Facebook are having a hard time holding on to users, with customers like Beijing resident Shi Yunfeng, drifting away to newer services.
China has posted a big drop in SMS messaging as local mobile phone users are increasingly choosing mobile messaging apps to share information.
China is starting a month-long crack down on illegal content circulating through local instant messaging services.
China's Tencent isn't letting up on international marketing for its WeChat mobile messaging app, but signaled its plans to avoid competing in markets where rivals such as WhatsApp already have a strong user base.
One of China's most popular messaging apps, WeChat, has started shutting down certain accounts known for their political writings, the latest sign that the nation is stepping up its censorship of the Internet.
Alibaba Group's hold over China's e-commerce market is facing a new challenge from rival Tencent, which is joining forces with a local online retailer to expand in the nation's growing mobile Internet market.
It might not have figured in Facebook's calculations, but its deal to buy WhatsApp may help the social networking giant get access to the Chinese market.
Competition in China's search market is heating up with a new US$448 million deal that will bolster Internet giant Tencent's presence in the country's search market.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
- AMD's new AM4 motherboard software cures Ryzen's memory headaches
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- FTSecurity Engineer (IPS & Firewall exp essential) - Perm - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTUrgent -Java Developer (Programmer). 3 different positionsNSW
- FTSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- FTAgile CoachNSW
- FTSoftware Licensing and Contract AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Activations Performance Analyst | $700pdVIC
- FTDevOps Engineer | $90 p/hrVIC
- FTPHP / WordPress DeveloperQLD
- TPSQL Database AdministratorNSW
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksNSW
- FTTest AnalystACT
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence / Datawarehouse DeveloperSA
- FTSystem Support Analyst, ERPNSW
- FTSenior Drupal DeveloperQLD
- TPArcGIS DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior System AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Higher EducationVIC
- TPEnterprise Solutions ArchitectNSW
- TPDelivery Coordinator - ProjectsQLD
- CCIT Security Risk AnalystVIC