Twitter has been a nonstop news machine during this year's contentious presidential election, but will the popular social network even exist the next time Americans hit the polls?
Twitter will not host its annual Flight developer conference this year amid speculation and uncertainty about the company's future. Its bruised relationship with developers may be a sign of what's to come.
Twitter passed its first big live-football test last Thursday, but the social platform must cultivate much more unique value for NFL viewers if it hopes to steal them away from traditional TV broadcasts.
Have you ever ignored the person you are with, be it a boyfriend or a friend, in order to look for a suitable #quoteoftheday (with just the right mix of inspiration and cute) to wow your hundred-something Instagram admirers?
How Apple can help Taylor Swift do damage control and make Notes the go-to app for sharing more than 140 characters.
Twitter's first live-sports video stream at Wimbledon left much to be desired, and the company's early 'test' may not bode well for its upcoming plans to live stream 10 NFL football games this season.
Facebook continues to defy expectations with incredible growth in virtually every important area of business success, and its accomplishments stand in stark contrast to Twitter's decidedly tepid performance.
Twitter wasn't the favorite to land the NFL's Thursday Night Football live stream, but the company came out on top because of its potential reach and established role in creating online commentary around live sports.
Microsoft last week demonstrated how much of a black box a Windows 10 update may be to the millions of users expected to upgrade to the new operating system.
Microsoft's Keystone Kops-like revelation that Windows 10 testers would get a free copy of the OS -- yes, no, then yes, probably, but with strings -- may be confusing compared to Apple's approach to OS X, but reflects the much more complicated ecosys...
Politics collided with the world of technology this year as stories about U.S. government spying stirred angst both among the country's citizens and foreign governments, and the flawed HeathCare.gov site got American health-care reform off to a rocky...
Despite the frothy headlines stirred by Twitter's initial public offering, tech is not in a bubble of the sort that arose before the 2000 dot-com crash.
Twitter made its IPO documents public Thursday and in the process revealed some juicy information about the company, like how much money it makes (or loses) and how much its executives get paid. Here are a few of the details we learned about Twitter ...
While most Twitter users don't find themselves in court because of their errant or unwise tweets, they could offend a boss, tarnish their name or brand, or even put off a potential employer.
Part two of a two-part series. For a contrarian view, see "Why PCs, not smartphones, are best for social media sharing."
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- The 10 best Android apps for Chromebooks
- This week in games: Homeworld's lost expansion returns, 15 minutes of Beyond Good & Evil 2
- The Steam Link is currently on sale for $15
- It's time to upgrade to TLS 1.3 already, says CDN engineer
- Kogan Agora 8 phone: Full, in-depth review
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTHR Business Analyst-Performance Management/Learning ManagementOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- TPSenior Java Developer - Mulesoft IntegrationQLD
- FTSenior Systems Engineer - Virtualisation and StorageVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - RetailOther
- FTChange ManagerOther
- FTApplication Support EngineerACT
- FTIntegration & BI Manager - C-levelNSW
- FTSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonOther
- FTSenior Siebel Developer - Canberra/MelbourneACT
- FTSenior Siebel Integrator/Developer - Canberra/MelbourneOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPSenior .NET DeveloperNSW
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- FTSenior Data ModellerOther
- TPData Migration ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTService Delivery CoordinatorOther
- FTDevOps LeadNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTDigital ProducerOther
- CCCRM/.Net DeveloperACT
- TPSolution Architect - RISQLD
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- FTChange ManagerNSW