Just moments after a 5.9 magnitude earthquake hit the East Coast on Tuesday afternoon, Twitter and Facebook lit up with the news.
As it continues bulking up the feature set of its previously minimalist site, Twitter has started adding an image-gallery section in user profiles.
Hackers claiming to belong to the Anonymous hacking collective this morning publicly posted the names, home addresses, email addresses and passwords of 102 police officers belonging to San Francisco's Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) agency.
Twitter has added a native function to its API for attaching images to posts, designed to make it easier for third-party developers to include photos with their applications' messages, or "tweets."
Scrambling to deter future violent rioting, the U.K. government is considering shutting down social networks such as Twitter and Facebook during civil disturbances, but the heavy-handed proposal is already drawing criticism.
Twitter can be a powerful business tool, not to mention a valuable source of metrics data and feedback. If not managed properly, though, Twitter tweets can quickly become overwhelming -- sifting out the nonsense to get to the nuggets of useful inform...
Rioters in London apparently set Sony's Enfield-based DADC (Digital Audio Disc Corporation) facility ablaze last night, reducing the massive disc distribution center to flames and smoke. The massive multi-story, 20,000 square meter building would hav...
The photograph shows a hooded young man looking toward the sky just after he apparently threw something. Close by, a Citroen compact car is completely engulfed in flames.
That's it. The old Twitter design officially is gone and the New Twitter look and feel is all that's left.
Twitter has acquired Bagcheck, an online service where people create lists of items that interest them, such as cameras they've used or their favorite cold remedies, and share the lists with others.
After the hacking gang Anonymous took credit for defacing Syria's Ministry of Defense website, a Syrian group today retaliated by posting gruesome photos on Anonymous' embryonic social network.
India's communications ministry has been asked by the home ministry to monitor social networking websites such as Twitter and Facebook amid fears that the services are being used by terrorists to plan attacks.
Seesmic is a social networking app that allows users to manage their Chatter, Facebook, Google Buzz, Salesforce, and Twitter accounts. Though Seesmic delivers on its promise to let users manage their various social media accounts, the application is ...
Inviting friends to Google+ is a lot more straightforward now. That's welcome news to users of the Internet search leader's growing social networking service.
Google's real-names policy for its social networking service has created a tempest that could have easily been avoided.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- The 10 best Android apps for Chromebooks
- This week in games: Homeworld's lost expansion returns, 15 minutes of Beyond Good & Evil 2
- The Steam Link is currently on sale for $15
- It's time to upgrade to TLS 1.3 already, says CDN engineer
- Kogan Agora 8 phone: Full, in-depth review
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTEPAS Technical Support OfficerOther
- FTProject CoordinatorOther
- FTService Centre ManagerQLD
- CCKnowledge/CSI ManagerACT
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTPresales Solution Architect - NetworksNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerOther
- FTProject Coordinator - Travel IndustryQLD
- FTSenior Vendor ManagerOther
- FTRelocate to Perth for Technology OpportunitiesQLD
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTLevel 2 and 3 Server EngineerOther
- FTInstructional Designer - Digital, e-Learning, GovOther
- FTIT PMO OfficerOther
- TPPrincipal Project Manager|HRIS ProgramQLD
- FTEPAS Technical Support OfficerOther
- FTUnix/Linux Engineer | 6mth ContractOther
- CCData ArchitectNSW
- FTBI Tech LeadOther
- FTSenior Operations Support OfficerACT
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperOther
- FTAS400 EngineerOther
- TPSenior Project ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Project ManagerVIC