Apple's Ping is no longer afraid of the World Wide Web.
Amazon.com may be one of the largest online retailers in the world, but it apparently doesn't want to risk the ire of the world's top social networks.
Microsoft has learned the error of its ways, returning the independently developed games it offers back into the Games and Demos section of Xbox Live today.
As the first U.S. Windows Phone 7 handsets go on sale Monday, Nov. 8, Microsoft shrewdly has created an application environment that will make the phones instantly useable for many of the e-mail, social networking, photo, video and work tasks people ...
The odds are stacked against RockMelt, a new browser designed to serve as a social networking hub, industry analysts said today.
Before you make an appointment with your eye doctor, it's not your eyes. It's Facebook.
The security researcher who created the Firesheep snooping tool defended his work today, saying it's no one's business what software people run on their computers.
A slip on the keyboard could land Web surfers on questionable survey pages instead of the websites they really want to visit: Twitter, Facebook or YouTube.
The second version of the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard (DSS) is being released this afternoon by the organization PCI Security Standards Council, which sets the network and security requirements for merchants and service provide...
A new variant of the Koobface worm that targets Mac OS X and Linux as well as Windows is spreading through Facebook, MySpace and Twitter, security researchers warned today.
Yahoo caught the redesign bug and gave Yahoo Mail a big makeover.
A week after a security company warned Mac users of the slowly growing risk of malware attack, a new Mac OS X Trojan-worm based on Koobface has been discovered circulating via Facebook and Twitter.
Mozilla today said it wouldn't -- or couldn't -- pull a "kill switch" to disable the Firesheep add-on that lets anyone steal log-on and account access information to Facebook, Twitter and other major Web services.
Security experts today suggested ways Firefox users can protect themselves against Firesheep, the new browser add-on that lets amateurs hijack users' access to Facebook, Twitter and other popular services.
Following in the footsteps of Firefox and Chrome, Apple this summer began allowing developers to create extensions for its Safari 5 Web browser and more recently launched its Extensions Gallery. The idea is to allow users to customize Safari in ways ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTIT Support Level 1 and 2NSW
- FTApplication Support EngineerNSW
- TPProject Manager - SOE / Office 365VIC
- CCIT Security Risk AnalystVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Process ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior System EngineerNSW
- FTPeopleSoft Technical Campus Solution DeveloperNSW
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Manager Performance & ControlsQLD
- FTNetwork EngineerWA
- FTBusiness Intelligence DeveloperSA
- CCSolution Architect with Magento experience wantedVIC
- FTIT Security ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Project Manger - Global MarketsVIC
- FTLevel 1 Support OfficerQLD
- FTFrontend developerNSW
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW