Uber operates a transport service, not a software service, and so can be subject to taxi licensing regulations, the Advocate General of the Court of Justice of the European Union has advised.
Surviving SXSW without Uber and Lyft had its hiccups, but it wasn't as bad as it could have been.
Uber is getting more convenient and social with Snapchat integration and new filters, as well as the ability to set a friend's current location as your destination.
Uber should treat its drivers in the U.K. as employees, paying them at least minimum wage from the moment they are available to work until they log off, and providing them with paid time off, a London employment tribunal has ruled.
Uber today announced that some customers in Pittsburgh will find themselves in its first self-driving vehicles; meanwhile, Boston's mayor said he wants his city wants to welcome the testing of autonomous vehicles.
Self-driving Ubers are now arriving in Pittsburgh as the company tests out its autonomous car development
Uber wants to be first to market with driverless cars and replace its human-powered fleet of drivers with robots.
"No math, no surprises," Uber promises.
Uber just announced that its UberRush delivery service is now available to any business, and can be easily integrated into an existing website or mobile app.
Uber will begin real-world tests of self-driving car technology in the coming weeks, putting a custom Ford Fusion onto the streets of Pittsburgh.
Taxi payment company, ingogo, has introduced fixed fares in an attempt to change the taxi booking process by doing away with traditional metered fares.
Uber Technologies faces more class-action lawsuits from drivers seeking reclassification as employees, even as its settlement in two other suits with drivers in California and Massachusetts has been submitted to a judge for approval.
Optus has partnered with Uber to bring in-car 4G Wi-Fi for selected Uber vehicles.
The ACCC given the green light to smartphone taxi booking app, ihail, almost six months after blocking the app over concerns it would reduce competition.
Uber is speeding up its expansion plans for China. Over the next year, the company will enter 100 additional cities in the country.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- Cadbury factory in Hobart hit as ransomware attacks Aussie businesses
- 10 supremely useful Microsoft OneNote add-ins and tools
- Hands-on: How the Asus ROG GX501 Zephyrus performs with Nvidia's Max-Q technology
- EU fines Google €2.42 billion, orders changes in search results
- OnePlus 5 review: This mid-range Android phone is speedy inside, but stale outside
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCProcess AnalystNSW
- FTAndroid Developer - PermanentWA
- FTFront End Developer (Mid-Level)Other
- TPSenior Business Analyst | 12 month fixed term contractQLD
- FTProject Manager (Rail/Control Signals)Other
- TPNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCTechnical Support - L2 with NV1 OR NV2 clearance (current / inactive).VIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTRelease and Deployment ManagerOther
- FTFull Stack ASP.NET DeveloperOther
- FTNetwork Capacity PlannerOther
- TPJava DeveloperVIC
- CCInfrastructure Solution ArchitectNSW
- TPTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectOther
- TPInformation Security ManagerQLD
- FTService Delivery CoordinatorOther
- FTx2 Senior Test Analyst/Lead - DWH - Informatica ETLOther
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Automation Test Analyst - BrisbaneNSW
- FTResource /Operations AnalystOther
- FTPractice Director Project Management – Adelaide Delivery CentreSA
- FTJava DeveloperQLD
- FTMaster SchedulerACT
- FTDigital Business Analyst - MediaOther