Ubuntu 11.04 (nicknamed Natty Narwhal) marks a decided change in direction for the Linux-based operating system. The biggest change is that Canonical, the organizer of Ubuntu, is replacing the Gnome/KDE desktop environment with a new user interface c...
People don't like change. One of the things that some people get hung up on is the look and feel of the desktop. More precisely, some Windows users who look at Ubuntu Linux get hung up on how it doesn't look and feel like Windows. Well, it isn't that...
Canonical has switched its cloud software stack to the open-source OpenStack, the company announced Tuesday. The current version of its Ubuntu Server, version 11.04, uses the Eucalyptus platform.
Ubuntu and Dell have come up with a scheme to make it easier for Amazon EC2 customers to shift workloads to and from the cloud -- by shipping Dell servers preloaded with Ubuntu Enterprise Cloud software, or UEC.
With Android, Ubuntu, and ARM set to shine, 2011 promises to be a banner year for open-source software.
If you use Ubuntu in your company, you're already familiar with its many advantages for businesses. But guess what? You ain't seen nothin' yet, as they say.
These are frugal times for business, and an organization starting out might have very little money to spend on IT. Even if you're part of an established business, you're probably feeling the pinch.
Expanding its efforts to bring Linux to the desktop, Canonical on Thursday is announcing upcoming availability of upgrades to Ubuntu Linux for desktop computers and netbooks, featuring interface and application installation improvements.
Canonical this week released a software framework that brings multitouch interaction to the open-source Ubuntu OS, which could accelerate adoption of the OS on tablets.
Canonical is offering enterprises a chance to try cloud computing via a virtual appliance that bundles Ubuntu Linux with the IBM DB2 Express-C database running on the Amazon EC2 (Elastic Compute Cloud) public cloud platform.
Canonical is preparing a version of the Ubuntu OS for tablet computers as the company looks to extend its presence in the mobile space, a company executive said on Wednesday.
Canonical officials are emphasizing software vendor support in the release this week of upgrades to the company's Ubuntu open source Linux platform.
Intel is developing an edition of the Linux-based Meego OS that will work on mainstream laptops and desktops, a company executive said this week.
Linux distribution vendor Canonical will soon release an updated version of its production-ready server operating system, the company announced Monday.
Providing an alternative to the Microsoft-dominated desktop, Canonical later this month will offer a version of its desktop Linux OS featuring a new look and feel, faster boot speed and accommodations for social networks.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
- AMD's new AM4 motherboard software cures Ryzen's memory headaches
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCSAP HCM Support & Configuration ConsultantQLD
- FTProgram SchedulerVIC
- TPFront End .NET DeveloperQLD
- CCWeb DesignerQLD
- FTDevelopment LeadVIC
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- FTApplication Support Lead l Experience with health applicationsNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerQLD
- CCC++ DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Infrastructure Engineer (Windows & Virtualization)VIC
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Data EngineerVIC
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- CCState-wide Business Transition LeadQLD
- TPInformation Management SpecialistVIC
- CCJava / J2EE DeveloperVIC
- CCMicrosoft (Sharepoint) SpecialistNSW
- FTIT Command Centre Support EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Marketing Manager | Global Technology CompanyNSW
- TPBI DeveloperNSW
- TPDelivery Coordinator - ProjectsQLD
- CCData Migration AnalystQLD
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW