Alienware continues its push into the mobile PC market the introduction of its Alienware 13 notebook.
Whether you call it a death, decline, or decimation, the PC and all its variants are quickly succumbing to the rising popularity of tablets.
If Apple has anything to say about it, the future of the notebook will be long and healthy. And it will be exemplified in the new versions of the MacBook Air, announced during Apple's WWDC 2013 keynote, and available immediately.
Toshiba has just shown off its KIRA Ultrabook, which is a premium Windows 8 Pro-based laptop aimed at users who want something more than a standard, cheap-as-chips laptop. The new laptop costs $1799 in its most basic form (for the Core i5 model) and ...
Intel is clearly tired of Nvidia and AMD kicking sand in its face when it comes to graphics performance. The company has had a talented GPU engineering team for many years. With the fourth generation of Intel's Core CPU line -- codenamed Haswell -- t...
The drive towards dirt-cheap Ultrabooks is getting a big boost with the release of Western Digital's new ultra-slim spinning hard drive, a barely there piece of hardware that is even thinner than the iPhone 5.
Toshiba has unveiled the KIRA Ultrabook, which is described as being the company's first "high resolution premium Ultrabook". It's a 13.3in Ultrabook with a reported screen resolution of 2560x1440 pixels. That gives it a pixel density that is only sl...
If you're in the market for a toughened, touchscreen laptop, Panasonic has you covered. The company has just released its Windows 8-based Toughbook CF-AX2, which is a tablet-convertible Ultrabook. It's designed primarily for business users and Panaso...
An SSD can read and write data many times faster than the best mechanical hard drive. On the downside, flash memory is many times more expensive than the innards of a typical hard drive, so manufacturers have limited their SSD capacities to hit reaso...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dell’s Inspiron 27 7000 is the first Ryzen All-in-One PC, and it's upgradable too
- Intel's massive 18-core Core i9 chip starts a bloody battle for enthusiast PCs
- In Win's Winbot is a robotic interactive PC case
- Nvidia's Max-Q finally gives you GeForce GTX 1080 graphics in a thin-and-light laptop
- Launceston becomes Australia’s first gigabit city
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Asus launches laptops to start Computex 2017
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSoftware EngineerWA
- TPData AnalystVIC
- CCWeb Designer - IT Graphics / UI DesignerQLD
- FTProject Control Analyst - PMONSW
- TPChange ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- FTDatawarehouse DeveloperSA
- FTScrum Master - TechnicalNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Front End Developer - BRISBANEVIC
- CCState-wide Business Transition Lead - BrisbaneNSW
- FTLevel 2 Desktop SupportACT
- FTSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- FTIntegration Developer (WebSphere Message Broker / Java)SA
- CCSecurity Business AnalystNSW
- FTXamarin DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Marketing Manager | Global Technology CompanyNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- FTApplication Support Lead l Experience with health applicationsNSW
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- CCIDAM ArchitectVIC
- FTSystem Analyst - IntegrationQLD
- TPEOI - JAVA DeveloperACT
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD