Three vendors have released fixes for vulnerabilities found in the critical firmware used during a computer's startup, according to an advisory from the U.S. Computer Emergency Readiness Team.
U.S. Computer Emergency Readiness Team
Internet users should consider disabling Java in their browsers because of an exploit that can allow remote attackers to execute code on a vulnerable system, the U.S. Computer Emergency Readiness Team (US-CERT) recommended late Thursday.
Google, Microsoft and Yahoo have remedied a cryptographic weakness in their email systems that could allow an attacker to create a spoofed message that passes a mathematical security verification.
It is one thing to be out on the street and randomly mugged, but quite another to have someone follow you home, trick you into letting them into your house, and then being robbed in your own living room.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- The 10 best Android apps for Chromebooks
- This week in games: Homeworld's lost expansion returns, 15 minutes of Beyond Good & Evil 2
- The Steam Link is currently on sale for $15
- It's time to upgrade to TLS 1.3 already, says CDN engineer
- Kogan Agora 8 phone: Full, in-depth review
PCW Evaluation Team
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Siebel Developer - Canberra/MelbourneACT
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Microsoft EngineerVIC
- FTIntegration Specialist - TIBCOOther
- FTSecurity Engineer - SIEMNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Vendor ManagerOther
- FTFinancial AnalystOther
- FTSenior Siebel Integrator/Developer - Canberra/MelbourneOther
- FTProgramme ManagerACT
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Java DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Application SupportVIC
- FTInternal Recruitment Coordinator - ITOther
- FTBusiness Development ManagerOther
- FTEnterprise Transformation ArchitectOther
- FTWeb Developer - VR 3D WebGL - Lake MacquarieNSW
- FTRelocate to Perth for Technology OpportunitiesQLD
- CCCommercial & Public Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTIT GraduateACT
- FTEmail Marketing SpecialistOther
- CCSenior Infrastructure LeadQLD
- FTSales AssociateACT