It's possible for companies to design their encryption systems to allow law enforcement agencies to access customer data with court-ordered warrants while still offering solid security, U.S. Department of Justice officials said.
U.S. National Security Agency
Opponents of a U.S. Senate bill intended to encourage businesses to share information about cyberthreats may have stalled a vote on the legislation.
A U.S. appeals court should immediately shut down the National Security Agency's bulk collection of domestic telephone records because the practice is illegal, the American Civil Liberties Union said.
The "possibility exists" for the U.S. Department of Justice to cut a deal that would allow surveillance leaker Edward Snowden to return to the U.S., a former attorney general said in a media interview.
Windows 10 close to finished... Intel reshuffles leadership... Microsoft, Kyocera strike Android patent licensing deal... and more tech news
After six months of contentious debate over U.S. National Security Agency surveillance programs, prompted by leaks from former government contractor Edward Snowden, the third week in December may have marked a major turning point.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Newegg is selling a pure sine wave UPS for just $125 right now
- Microsoft's Beam becomes Mixer, adds four person split-screen streaming to battle Twitch
- Nvidia's new generation of powerful GeForce GTX Battlebox PCs finally embraces AMD
- How Thunderbolt 3 won the port wars
- Samsung Galaxy Gear 360: Great for the Galaxy S8, not so much for the iPhone
PCW Evaluation Team
- MSI GE62 7RD Apache gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTUnix EngineerACT
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Wealth ManagementNSW
- FTSoftware TesterACT
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSQL Analyst DeveloperNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - Solutions and ApplicationsQLD
- FTProcurement OfficerACT
- FTSenior Solution Designer, Investment and Trading PlatformNSW
- FTPHP DeveloperNSW
- CCState-wide Business Transition Lead - BrisbaneNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCWintel Support EngineerVIC
- CCVDI EngineerACT
- CCData Migration Lead | Recruitment Focus | DocklandsVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCIT Security Risk AnalystVIC
- FTScrum Master - TechnicalNSW
- FTLevel 3 Service Desk Support Engineer / Project ManagerQLD
- FTDigital Business Analyst | Online BookingQLD
- FTIT Support EngineerNSW
- FTElectronic Payments POS Business Analyst - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- TPInformation Management SpecialistVIC