Mobile network operators and their equipment suppliers are working hard to make telephony over data-oriented LTE (Long-Term Evolution) mobile networks a reality, with the number of demos at Mobile World Congress a sign they are getting closer.
Verizon Wireless said on Thursday it had made the first voice call over a commercial LTE network using the Voice over LTE standard. The standard is one of two competing to become the defacto technology for routing voice calls over the new data networ...
Ah, the good old days. Of last year. When nearly all wireless data plans were of the all-you-can-eat variety and you could download your fingers off with nary a care. That's not the case any more.
Verizon Wireless today warned new customers that it will throttle back data speeds on the top five per cent of users who hog network bandwidth, a move apparently timed with the Feb. 10 carrier's launch of the data-hungry iPhone 4.
Verizon Wireless will start taking pre-orders for the iPhone 4 running on its CDMA/EV-DO network on Thursday, and it will begin selling the device Feb. 10.
With the recent announcement that, at long last, Apple's iPhone is coming to Verizon Wireless's CDMA network, arguments are blazing over which smartphone operating system reigns supreme. Many Verizon customers are asking themselves whether they shoul...
The Android mobile operating system thoroughly dominates the U.S. consumer smartphone market, while Microsoft's new Windows Phone 7 OS is off to a slow start, according to a new survey by market researcher The NPD Group. And while Apple's share of th...
AT&T reported Thursday it had 95.5 million wireless subscribers at the end of 2010, putting it ahead of Verizon Wireless, which reported earlier this week that it had 94.1 million.
What is a wireless subscriber? And what is a wireless customer? The difference is important when it comes to the two largest U.S. wireless carriers.
There's little doubt that Verizon Wireless has an instant hit on its hands with the Apple iPhone 4, which the U.S. carrier starts selling on February 10. But how many millions of iPhones will Verizon sell in 2011? According to one analyst, sales cou...
T-Mobile USA will soon launch 4G HSPA+ versions of the Samsung Galaxy S and T-Mobile Sidekick phones, T-Mobile CEO Philipp Humm announced early Thursday.
Thinking about getting a Verizon iPhone now that AT&T has lost its U.S. exclusivity arrangement with Apple? Well, not so fast. Verizon might have the reputation for being the more reliable network, but judging by PCWorld's most recent 3G speed te...
All iPhones will reportedly have the Personal Hotspot capability similar to what Verizon Wireless announced Tuesday for its iPhone coming Feb. 10.
The possibility of an iPhone running on Verizon's LTE network has shown a spotlight on a loophole in the open access provision the U.S. Federal Communications Commission set on spectrum Verizon uses to offer the network.
After more than a year of rumors, Verizon announced it would start selling Apple's iPhone 4 on Feb. 10.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- Kogan Agora 8 phone: Full, in-depth review
- Steam's Summer Sale kicks off with a $15 Steam Link, game discounts galore, and digital stickers
- Hands-on: Surviving Mars captures the excitement and dread of launching a colony mission
- Dell XPS 15 (2017) review: Kaby Lake and a 4K display make a difference
- Ring Video Doorbell review
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTDirector ICT Programme Management Office – Adelaide Delivery CentreSA
- FTJava Developer - Networking ExperienceOther
- FTService Delivery Manager - Telecommunications InfrastructureOther
- FTx2 Senior Test Analyst/Lead - DWH - Informatica ETLOther
- FTLead Android DeveloperOther
- FTSoftware and Middleware DevelopersACT
- FTSoftware Engineer - Content Design NetworkOther
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- CCIT Vendor / Partner ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCvRealize Solution DesignerACT
- FTProject SchedulerOther
- FTSAP Fiori ODATA SpecialistACT
- CCPeoplesoft campus solution consultant/TesterNSW
- FTBig Data ArchitectOther
- FTSAP ICT TrainerOther
- FTTest ManagerACT
- FTBusiness Intelligence / Datawarehouse DeveloperOther
- CCUnix AdministratorNSW
- FTPresales Solution Architect - NetworksNSW
- FTSecurity Solution ConsultantVIC
- TPSAP Training Officer - FinanceQLD
- FTTRIM TrainersACT
- FTIT Systems Specialists - Collaboration SystemsOther
- FTSAP ETL DeveloperOther