Immersive virtual environments - such as Second Life and some enterprise-friendly alternatives - have traditionally required users to download special software and learn a difficult user interface.
After Microsoft acquired Skype earlier this month for $8.5 billion, most of the questions revolved around how Skype's IM, voice and video calling features will fit into Microsoft enterprise products such as Outlook and Lync.
Evidence is mounting that there's more FaceTime video chat coming in handheld devices, with reports surfacing today that the next iPod Touch, due this year, will include a front-facing camera.
Telstra has launched a new service that gives Australian businesses the opportunity to communicate face-to-face via desktop video phones.
Skype is introducing high-definition video calling that it plans to make interoperable with corporate videoconferencing gear, so individuals could join conferences at high resolution for little cost. The news was unveiled last week during the Consume...
Cisco Systems Chairman and CEO John Chambers demonstrated on Wednesday how the company's TelePresence videoconferencing technology could be developed into a consumer product, showing off the long-awaited system at a press conference ahead of the Inte...
After a hard-fought battle, Cisco has won control of video conferencing leader Tandberg with ownership of 91.1% of the company's shares.
Logitech plans to acquire LifeSize Communications, a company that makes HD video communications equipment, for US$405 million in cash, the companies said Tuesday.
Two investment consulting companies laid out objections to Cisco's US$3 billion offer for Norwegian videoconferencing vendor Tandberg on Friday, saying in an open letter to Cisco and a press interview that the bid undervalues Tandberg.
If you're thinking about using Skype for Business as a way to save money you might want to put it off until the courts settle lawsuits that swirl around plans to sell the company.
Cisco's bid for videoconferencing vendor Tandberg could be in trouble: Stockholders representing 24 percent of the shares in Tandberg do not intend to accept Cisco's US$3.0 billion offer, a Swedish stockbroker said on Thursday.
Cisco Systems has signed an agreement to buy videoconferencing vendor Tandberg for about US$3.0 billion in cash, it said on Thursday.
A US company has upgraded its cross-platform videoconferencing service and at the same time launched a new plan designed to broaden its appeal to the small to medium business (SMB) segment.
Toronto-based solution provider, IT Methods, is aiming to "bring high-definition video conferencing to the masses," with its new videoCloud managed telepresence service offering and the help of its channel partners.
The $12 million Virtual Trauma and Critical Care Unit (VTCCu) has today officially opened and will connect some 260 regional Victorians a year to superior metropolitan medical services.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- This week in games: Homeworld's lost expansion returns, 15 minutes of Beyond Good & Evil 2
- The Steam Link is currently on sale for $15
- It's time to upgrade to TLS 1.3 already, says CDN engineer
- Kogan Agora 8 phone: Full, in-depth review
- Steam's Summer Sale kicks off with a $15 Steam Link, game discounts galore, and digital stickers
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCIT Partner Relationship ManagerNSW
- FTProject Manager or Coordinator - Retail Store ProjectsOther
- FTTest AnalystOther
- CCSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Systems AnalystOther
- FTIT Infrastructure EngineerOther
- FT.NET DeveloperOther
- TPActive Directory AdministratorACT
- FTSoftware Licensing and Contract AnalystOther
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- CCMaximo DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Lead Front-endNSW
- FTFull Stack Software DeveloperOther
- FTSenior .NET DevelopersOther
- CCIT Service Desk SupportSA
- FTSenior Agile ConsultantOther
- FTSAP ETL DeveloperOther
- FTPHP DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior PHP Developer/Team LeaderNSW
- FTSplunk Software Developer | 6mth ContractOther
- FTTeam Leader Solution DeliveryQLD
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTSenior Business ConsultantOther
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPSenior Java Developer - Mulesoft IntegrationQLD