Vine is morphing into Vine Camera, and time is running out to save your precious Vines before they become part of history.
After Twitter failed to find a buyer, it's killing Vine and laying off 9 percent of its workforce.
The social network is betting on 140-second videos and new tools for influencers to juice more usage.
The popular photo-sharing app aims to become a hub for longer video.
Smartphone sales increased substantially in the second quarter of 2015, but the rate of growth continued to slow, fueling concerns that the market has started to become saturated, according to a study released today by Juniper Research.
Twitter's Vine video service has released a cute new app for kids, but let's get real: This is a gateway drug.
Twitter has decided to clamp down on the posting of explicit sexual content on its Vine video-sharing service.
Twitter became an Internet phenomenon as a tool for posting short text messages, but now it also wants to feature multimedia content more prominently.
Twitter's Vine video sharing app and Instagram now share a useful feature: editing.
Vine, the video service introduced by Twitter in January, now has 40 million registered users, it said Tuesday.
Instagram is doing everything in its power to point out the differences between its videos and Vines. Now you can import videos to the app from your Camera Roll, a feature Instagram CEO Kevin Systrom promised back in June.
Vine, the trendy Twitter-owned mobile video app, is coming to the Windows Phone 8 operating system about six months after its initial launch on iOS.
People might start seeing a lot more Instagram content across the Web -- the photo- and video-sharing app has just announced the introduction of Web embeds.
Vine, Twitter's mobile video service, has just gained several new features designed to make it easier to shoot with the app and to share videos more widely.
In yet another mobile acquisition, Yahoo has acquired Qwiki, a New York City company that makes an app for turning photos and videos into short, edited movies.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Asus unveils the super slim ZenBook Flip S convertible
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Asus launches laptops to start Computex 2017
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTProject Manager or Coordinator - Retail Store ProjectsNSW
- CCDevOps Engineer with strong Docker skills - Contract - North Shore SydneyNSW
- FTApplication Support EngineerACT
- CCSSIS / SSRS DeveloperNSW
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerQLD
- FTL&D Manager, Transformation Program in Finance ServicesNSW
- TPEOI - JAVA DeveloperACT
- FTSnr Technical Salesforce Consultant Global IT Managed Services - SydneyNSW
- FTIT Support EngineerNSW
- FTSenior iOS Developer - PermanentWA
- FTSAP ISU Billing Consultant - FunctionalVIC
- FTSenior Marketing Manager | Global Technology CompanyNSW
- FTSplunk Software Developer | 6mth ContractVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical WriterVIC
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- TPMS Access/SQL DBAQLD
- FTSharepoint DeveloperQLD
- TPReporting DeveloperWA
- TPDatawarehouse Analyst/DeveloperSA
- FTService Delivery Manager - Telecommunications InfrastructureNSW
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCPega DeveloperVIC