McAfee and Citrix have announced a strategic partnership and collaboration agreement to make secure virtual desktop and make it scalable for large enterprise deployments, according to a release. The collaboration will enable Citrix XenDesktop custome...
In an effort to capture what it sees as a growing market for virtual desktops within enterprises, Microsoft is simplifying some licensing agreements and enhancing its virtual-desktop-related software.
Ulteo is poised to offer commercial support for its free virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) software, which the open-source startup says will cost companies a fraction of established offerings from Citrix Systems, Microsoft and VMware, while offeri...
Red Hat has open sourced a virtual desktop protocol it acquired last year, called the Simple Protocol for Independent Computing Environment (SPICE), in the hope of fostering its wider adoption.
Citrix Systems has added more licensing options and editions to its upcoming desktop virtualization platform XenDesktop 4, including the option to pay by the number of devices used, it said on Tuesday.
CIO Roxanne Reynolds-Lair of The Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising wanted to bring both Macs and Windows to her college's students, administrative employees and teachers. She bought a MacBook Pro and tested new-fangled desktop virtualizat...
Desktop virtualization, with its promises of improved security, manageability and flexibility, may be on the verge of huge adoption, some experts are predicting.
Whitepapers about virtual desktops
This whitepaper discusses how organisations can use VDI to reduce costs and complexity, increase security and provide a consistent user experience when managing their growing number of end user devices. • Data security and availability take on new dimensions with so many out-of-office devices. • User experiences can be managed through the deployment of uniform high performance architecture. • Purpose-built solutions simplify purchase, streamline provisioning, and lower deployment risk.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Power surge at British Airways data center causes flight chaos
- Asus' affordable but powerful VivoBook Pro 15 to offer Optane Memory
- Asus unveils the super slim ZenBook Flip S convertible
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Asus launches laptops to start Computex 2017
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSales Lead / Sales Executive - Enterprise IT Healthcare Perm - North RydeNSW
- FTSoftware Development ManagerACT
- TPSolution Architect - LIS ProgramQLD
- CCMaster SchedulerACT
- TPAgile Projet AdministratorVIC
- FTLearning & Development Consultant, Wealth ManagementNSW
- TPBI ConsultantNSW
- TPNode.js DeveloperNSW
- FTSQL DBA SpecialistVIC
- CCTRIM TrainerACT
- FTProgram SchedulerVIC
- FTScrum Master/Project ManagerQLD
- FTDevelopment LeadVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTLevel 2 Desktop SupportACT
- FTSecurity Engineer (IPS & Firewall exp essential) - Perm - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTUX ResearcherVIC
- FTDemand Release ManagerNSW
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerQLD
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Solution Analyst /Technical Business AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCDesigner - Salesforce Marketing CloudVIC
- CCGIS Consultant/ Developer - BRISBANENSW