McAfee and Citrix have announced a strategic partnership and collaboration agreement to make secure virtual desktop and make it scalable for large enterprise deployments, according to a release. The collaboration will enable Citrix XenDesktop custome...
In an effort to capture what it sees as a growing market for virtual desktops within enterprises, Microsoft is simplifying some licensing agreements and enhancing its virtual-desktop-related software.
Ulteo is poised to offer commercial support for its free virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) software, which the open-source startup says will cost companies a fraction of established offerings from Citrix Systems, Microsoft and VMware, while offeri...
Red Hat has open sourced a virtual desktop protocol it acquired last year, called the Simple Protocol for Independent Computing Environment (SPICE), in the hope of fostering its wider adoption.
Citrix Systems has added more licensing options and editions to its upcoming desktop virtualization platform XenDesktop 4, including the option to pay by the number of devices used, it said on Tuesday.
CIO Roxanne Reynolds-Lair of The Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising wanted to bring both Macs and Windows to her college's students, administrative employees and teachers. She bought a MacBook Pro and tested new-fangled desktop virtualizat...
Desktop virtualization, with its promises of improved security, manageability and flexibility, may be on the verge of huge adoption, some experts are predicting.
Whitepapers about virtual desktops
This whitepaper discusses how organisations can use VDI to reduce costs and complexity, increase security and provide a consistent user experience when managing their growing number of end user devices. • Data security and availability take on new dimensions with so many out-of-office devices. • User experiences can be managed through the deployment of uniform high performance architecture. • Purpose-built solutions simplify purchase, streamline provisioning, and lower deployment risk.
There are so many different options for cloud (online) storage.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo AX7 review: New looks, same old budget buy
- 2 JBL Free X review: Better battery life comes at a cost
- 3 Samsung Tab S4 review: Freestyle
- 4 Sony WF-SP900 review: One step forward, two steps back
- 5 Plantronics BackBeat Fit 3100 review: Safety first
Join the newsletter!
- The ultra-thin Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e has an OLED screen, Android Pie and no S Pen for $400
- We’re going to see the emergence of RegTech as an industry: Sri Shivananda
- Steam's iron grip on PC gaming is probably over
- Master & Dynamics MW07 true wireless headphones review
- How to enable HDR in your Ring security camera
PCW Evaluation Team
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
Microsoft Office continues to make a student’s life that little bit easier by offering reliable, easy to use, time-saving functionality, while continuing to develop new features that further enhance what is already a formidable collection of applications
I’d recommend a Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 and the new Windows 10 to anyone who needs to get serious work done (before you kick back on your couch with your favourite Netflix show.)
It’s useful for office tasks as well as pragmatic labelling of equipment and storage – just don’t get too excited and label everything in sight!
The Brother MFC-L8900CDW is an absolute stand out. I struggle to fault it.
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
- Everything we (already) know about the Samsung Galaxy S10, S10e, S10+ and Galaxy F
- Want to play Apex Legends?
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: Full, in-depth, Australian review
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?