The first question is: Where’s the Cloud?
Despite their years-long rivalry, Microsoft and VMware have teamed in a new partnership that's part of Microsoft's collaborative strategy shift.
Organizations wishing to explore the use of Docker containers can now tap into commercial support, as well as some new software, to help them manage the new technology.
Need to hold a virtual meeting complete with screen sharing? Or maybe you just need to remotely access a colleague’s computer to help him with a quick fix. Here are 15 ways to get the job done -- for free.
Interop 2015 features products from networking, Cloud, virtualisation and security vendors.
The Microsoft of today is not the same as the Microsoft as yesterday, and Satya Nadella's appointment as CEO was the catalyst.
Click through all the products being released at VMworld this week
VMware wants to bring enterprise-class reliability to OpenStack by releasing a distribution of cloud hosting software that runs on top of the virtualization stack.
What IT pros like, in their own words
These four products represent different approaches to VM security
In Windows Server 2012 R2, Microsoft has released a compelling operating system update that’s targeted directly at its virtualisation and Cloud competition. Here are 10 things we like about Windows Server 2012 R2.
VMware boosts performance, scalability, and usability with enhancements that stretch from the hypervisor to the management stack
Click through to see all the latest from the show in San Francisco.
VMware, Microsoft score high in test of hosted virtual desktop infrastructure
Dell has released a new software product designed to make solid-state-drive caching on servers more efficient, resulting in improved performance of applications such as databases.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- AMD, Nvidia coin mining graphics cards appear as gaming GPU shortage intensifies
- Akitio Node Cabinet review: Real, affordable graphics for your laptop
- Qantas booking systems go down after software fail
- Cadbury factory in Hobart hit as ransomware attacks Aussie businesses
- 10 supremely useful Microsoft OneNote add-ins and tools
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPTest ManagerVIC
- TPSenior Systems AnalystVIC
- FTEPAS Technical Support OfficerOther
- TPSenior .NET AWS DeveloperNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTSoftware Developer - Banking SolutionsOther
- TPNetwork & System SpecialistNSW
- FTProject Coordinator / Junior Project ManagerNSW
- CCJunior Security AnalystNSW
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Project AnalystOther
- FTData Storage Integration SpecialistACT
- TPSenior Project Manager - System ImplementationQLD
- FTQuality Assurance Specialist | 50 p/hrOther
- FTSolution Architect (Office 365 Specialist)SA
- FTPlatform/DevOps EngineerOther
- FTLead API DeveloperNSW
- CCReporting Data Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCJava Developer with Guidewire ExperienceQLD
- CCData AnalystVIC
- FTLead Network EngineerOther
- CCStorage EngineerNSW
- CCSAP Hana DeveloperACT
- FTSenior DevOps Consultant, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTIntegration Specialist - TIBCOOther