If IT shops want to prevent users from going to the Cloud, they have to bring the Cloud to the users.
Software company rPath is updating its platform for automating application management across physical, virtual and cloud environments with a new graphical user interface, aiming to make the product easier to use, the company said Tuesday.
VMware has released the vSphere Client for iPad, with which IT staff will be able to monitor and manage their virtualized infrastructure, the company said on Thursday.
VMware is waiting for Apple to approve a software client for iPads that will allow IT staff to manage their virtualized environments.
Have you been watching the tablet frenzy, but sitting idly by waiting for a tablet that can run Windows? Well, you could be one of the few people in the world with an HP Slate 500, or you can wait for other Windows tablets to hit the market. Better y...
VMware is integrating performance, capacity and configuration management with the launch of vCenter Operations, in an effort to give users more control over growing virtualized IT infrastructures, the company said on Tuesday.
While virtual servers have proven a boon in the data center, they don't address the challenge of incrementally adding server capacity and automatically distributing load across them. As a result, the responsiveness and availability of a highly utiliz...
Amazon.com's remote computing arm has expanded into Japan after finding that developers in the tech-savvy Asian country want more local data storage and quicker data transfer times.
IBM is aiming to make it easier for enterprises to manage their virtualized environments, with new features in the Tivoli Provisioning Manager and other software products.
Virtualization isn't just for geeks or those who run enormously powerful servers. It offers something for everybody, and if you haven't yet dipped your toe into the virtualization ocean, then you're at serious risk of being left behind.
Despite years of marketing pressure and products that are simpler to use and more widely available, desktop virtualization hasn't taken off to the extent that vendors and analysts expected even a few years ago.
Six months after leaving Microsoft to join desktop virtualization vendor Parallels, executive Birger Steen has been promoted to CEO.
Avaya is taking its data center architecture to the enterprise campus, with the goal of creating "private clouds."
SAN FRANCISCO -- Virtualization technologies can help enable better security and control in cloud computing environments, RSA chief Art Coviello said today.
If you want to know what IT tools and technologies you'll be using in a few years, it pays to keep an eye on enterprise technology start-ups.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- 10 supremely useful Microsoft OneNote add-ins and tools
- Hands-on: How the Asus ROG GX501 Zephyrus performs with Nvidia's Max-Q technology
- EU fines Google €2.42 billion, orders changes in search results
- OnePlus 5 review: This mid-range Android phone is speedy inside, but stale outside
- How to secure your CMS without patching
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Network Architect - CloudVIC
- FTService Desk EngineerNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystACT
- FTSenior Java DeveloperOther
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- TPActive Directory AdministratorACT
- FTSenior Developer / Architect - PermanentWA
- FTSAP TesterVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst (Maximo)NSW
- FTTelecom RiggerOther
- FTSenior Program AnalystOther
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperOther
- FTPlatform/DevOps EngineerOther
- FTAdministration Support Officers - APS 5/6ACT
- CCAPI Platform EngineerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTCustomer Support OperatorSA
- FTBusiness Analyst - RetailOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - RetailOther
- FTApplication Support Lead l Experience with health applicationsNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCEUS Junior Application Project ManagerNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystOther
- CCSenior Project Manager - Activation and Assurance - TelcoVIC
- TPFull Stack PHP / Web DeveloperQLD