F5 is making file virtualization more cloud friendly with the introduction of software that translates storage protocols, making it possible to store files in public or private cloud networks using a range of technologies.
IBM's research division is working on several virtualization projects that could boost security of cloud computing networks, reduce data center power costs, and improve the ability to run multiple hypervisors and operating systems, including Linux an...
When you consider technologies that make corporate IT more efficient by improving utilization of computing resources, <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/2010/060710-tech-argument-citrix-vmware-microsoft.html?source=NWWNLE_nlt_daily_am_2010-06-...
Business agility is slowly replacing cost as the factor driving most companies down the path of desktop virtualisation. According to a survey from Molten Technologies, companies are also unsure whether the drive to desktop virtualisation would be a w...
A new tool from Citrix has been designed to help XenDesktop users gather more detailed information about the hardware that is being used.
In an era of technology industry consolidation, the questions raised by Novell's sale to Attachmate for $2.2 billion ought to be familiar by now. Analysts can only speculate -- and users can only wonder -- what may happen to Novell's deep and extensi...
Microsoft doesn't earn billions of dollars every month by giving away its software. But even Microsoft is no stranger to offering freebies in a bid to increase customer loyalty.
Cisco today announced two new virtual desktop devices, more efficient virtualization software and more affordable videoconferencing endpoints, building on its line of video collaboration tools and capabilities for companies.
Companies looking to adopt cloud computing could cut their chances of being compromised by using a statistical framework to assess risk according to Runaware. Concerns about security are the main inhibitors for companies looking to adopt cloud techno...
Don't look now, but the data center is transforming. Seeking greater efficiencies, enterprises of all sizes have steadily evolved from application-based silos to virtualized environments. Now this evolution is taking the next leap forward as innovati...
Oracle has reportedly changed its position on support for its RAC (Real Application Clusters) software running in VMware virtualized environments, saying it will provide it under certain circumstances.
In an effort to ease the complexity of system administration, Oracle has expanded its Enterprise Manager software to include servers, operating systems, networking gear and virtual environments, the company announced Tuesday.
At the Computerworld Premier 100 IT Leaders conference in March, one CIO stood up to express his unease about the security of a virtual infrastructure that has subsumed more than half of his company's production servers. Two other IT executives chime...
Cisco bet big on its UCS products for data centers – and now it's going "all in" with a massive, resilient and green data center built on that integrated blade architecture.
Microsoft has partnered with six major hardware vendors to provide reference architectures that should help enterprises build private IaaS (Infrastructure-as-a-Service)-styled clouds, the company announced Monday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksACT
- FTSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- FTSenior Unix/Linux EngineerNSW
- CCIT Security Risk AnalystVIC
- FTData Analyst - 12 months Fixed Term ContractVIC
- FTIntegration Developer (WebSphere Message Broker / Java)SA
- FTIT Systems EngineerTAS
- CCDisaster Recovery SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior Business Development Manager| SMSF/Accounting SoftwareNSW
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- TPDigital ProducerVIC
- FTTest Analyst (Datawarehouse)SA
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- FTProduct Manager (IT Clinical Systems) - Permanent - Syd, Melb or BrisbNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Digital Developer - SitecoreQLD
- TPInformation Management SpecialistVIC
- CCScada Project ManagerWA
- FTEnterprise Architect - Network and TelecommunicationsNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCProcess Improvement Specialist - TelcoVIC
- FTUrgent -Java Developer (Programmer). 3 different positionsNSW
- TPSharepoint DeveloperQLD
- CCReporting System Specialist - Port MacquarieQLD