VMware is for the first time inviting anyone to beta test the next version of vSphere, the company's virtualization platform.
Two months after critical vulnerabilities were patched in Apache Struts, a popular open-source framework for developing Java-based Web applications, VMware released a security update to incorporate the fixes in its vCenter Operations Management Suite...
As if tracking down bugs in a complex application isn't difficult enough, programmers now must worry about a newly emerging and potentially dangerous trap, one in which a program compiler simply eliminates chunks of code it doesn't understand, often ...
Most enterprises need help moving beyond traditional networks, the SDN pioneer said
The IT systems of the past 20 years won't be able to handle the emerging Internet of Things, which will call for cloud computing, virtualization, efficient storage and big-data analysis, according to EMC.
VMware is leaning on AirWatch to let users access files from one place using virtual and physical clients and let admins manage desktops in the same way they handle mobile devices.
VMware started patching its products against the critical Heartbleed flaw that puts encrypted communications at risk, and plans to have updates ready for all affected products by Saturday.
VMware is about to release a new version of its Horizon VDI (virtual desktop infrastructure) software that will allow administrators to manage VDI and non-VDI deployments in a unified manner, by using multiple VMware technologies.
Amazon Web Services' hosted virtual desktops have become generally available, priced from US$35, but the company and its competitors have a lot of hurdles to overcome before this sort of technology is widely used by businesses.
VMware has introduced software designed to make it much easier for its customers to store large numbers of virtual machines (VMs) created with the company's software.
VMware will offer virtual desktop services for Google's Chromebooks, allowing them to run Windows applications on the pared-down laptops based on the Chrome OS.
The last legacy systems to make the shift to software-defined networking may be network engineers' minds, but even those are changing.
VMware has reached a deal to acquire mobile management specialist AirWatch for US$1.54 billion, as it aims let users manage desktops, mobile devices and applications using its products.
Oracle is buying Corente, maker of SDN (software-defined networking) technology for WANs (wide area networks), in a strike against competitors such as Cisco and IBM. Terms of the deal, which is expected to close early this year, weren't disclosed on ...
The OpenSSL Project confirmed that weak passwords used on the hosting infrastructure led to the compromise of its website, dispelling concerns that attackers might have exploited a vulnerability in virtualization software.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
- Newegg is selling a 34-inch 3440-by-1440 display for $480 today
- Google's Instant Apps hit the Play Store as a big step toward a future of cloud-based apps
- Moto X4 Review: A good reminder of what a great deal looks like
- Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
- Opinion: KRACK makes it clear who is and who isn't ready for the next big cyber security crisis
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTSenior Strategy Consultant - Large CorporateOther
- FTCampaign ManagerOther
- FTService Desk Level 2 Support ConsultantACT
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTPMO/Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- FTSenior UX Service DesignerACT
- TPSenior/Principal Business Analyst - TransformationQLD
- FTPython DeveloperOther
- CCJava DeveloperNSW
- CCHelpdesk AnalsytNSW
- CCSenior Test Data Management ConsultantVIC
- FTTechnical Specialist - IP Networks / TelcoOther
- CCMulesoft DeveloperVIC
- FTWorkday TesterVIC
- FTSoftware DeveloperOther
- CCIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- CCJunior-Mid level .Net/Front-End DeveloperQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst - Integration Platform ProjectQLD
- FTSenior Software Engineer - DigitalVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTCorporate ReceptionistOther
- TPStrategic Procurement OfficerQLD
- TPBusiness Process AnalystNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW