Social gaming publisher Zynga announced Monday that it will lay off 18% of its total workforce -- more than 500 employees -- in an effort to reduce staff costs and focus on the mobile sector.
Twitter, the increasingly popular micro-blogging service, has come under quite a bit of criticism in the past few weeks. Users of the platform, which describes itself as an "information-sharing network" are struggling with what to do about false info...
Google has a new competitor: '80s pop music superstar MC Hammer.
Google has started rolling out to its Analytics accounts a new feature that displays graphically for Web publishers how people are moving across their sites.
Network security pros think use of social media at work is good for business, but also creates risks they don't have the tools to address, according to a Ponemon Institute survey.
Delicious, the early Web bookmarking site that Yahoo bought in 2005 and discarded earlier this year, is back with a bright new look.
If you have a dollar to spare you can get in on the ground floor of <a href="https://mightybell.com/home">MightyBell</a>, a new social network company spearheaded by Gina Bianchini, formerly head of social website company Ning.
Hacker group LulzSec ("the world's leaders in high-quality entertainment at your expense") has had its initial Google+ account nixed this week, though LulzSec has quickly and brashly re-emerged with a new one
The corporate world's response to the phenomenal growth of social media has ranged from enthusiastic embrace to abject horror.
Google+ may be getting some attention it doesn't want -- from Anonymous, which says it will target the new social networking site that launched last month.
Despite its inevitable comparisons to the popular Apple iPad, Cisco's Cius is viewed more as another entry point into Cisco's collaboration ecosystem and less as the company's entry into tablet computing.
BOSTON -- Virtualization, mobility and social networking were flagged as posing most security risk to businesses, partly because there is no accepted set of best practices yet to protect them, IT Roadmap attendees were told.
Enterasys this week rolled out software that allows network admins to access its management system via social media websites like Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Salesforce.com's Chatter.
Social networks such as Facebook and Twitter open threats to sensitive corporate data that businesses need to deal with aggressively, Interop attendees were told.
Although Research in Motion made its name by delivering secure corporate email, it has had to move quickly to adapt to the ever-shifting world of social networking.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- MSI Wins Computex Best Choice Award 2017 for a Record-Breaking 5 Products
- How to take screenshots in Windows 10
- The Pi Desktop kit transforms your Raspberry Pi into a stylish, SSD-powered mini-PC
- The Full Nerd episode 23: AMD Threadripper vs Intel Core i9, Radeon Vega is here(ish)
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCIT Security Risk AnalystVIC
- FTDatabase Engineer (Oracle)ACT
- CCManaging Architect - Satellite - TelcoVIC
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTICT SpecialistNSW
- FTCustomer Service OperatorVIC
- FT.NET DeveloperNSW
- FTSnr Technical Salesforce Consultant Global IT Managed Services - SydneyNSW
- FTSystem Engineer - VMWare, UCS, NetAppVIC
- FTEnterprise Architect - Network and TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTProject Manager - Data MigrationNSW
- CCJunior Security System AnalystQLD
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCWintel Server EngineerNSW
- CCDeployment Manager - TelcoVIC
- CCIDAM ArchitectVIC
- CCReporting System Specialist - Port MacquarieNSW
- CCTechnical WriterVIC
- FTSharepoint AdministratorQLD
- FTJava Network DeveloperVIC
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCDevOps Engineer with strong Docker skills - Contract - North Shore SydneyNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW