Microsoft's Windows 10 Insider build 20175 for the Dev Channel adds a new Eye Contact feature for the Surface app, plus an improved way to pin Edge tabs to your Windows taskbar.
Windows 10 Professional
Microsoft's Windows 10 Insider build 20161 makes major changes to the Start menu, taskbar, Alt+Tab, the Settings menu, and more. These are all experimental changes, but they're profound.
Microsoft says a recent patch solved an Always On, Always Connected bug that could cause affected devices to shut down or restart unexpectedly.
Microsoft launches its own automated package manager for Windows, App Installer, for people who like installing software via the command line.
The Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) will gain finally gain GUI support, Microsoft said at Build 2020. Also on tap: fresh PowerToys and new initiatives like Project Reunion and WinUI 3.
From a FPS counter to better controls over Windows updates, here are five useful ways Microsoft's Windows 10 May 2020 Update can make life easier.
We Mark Microsoft's successes and failures in 2019, plus a few things that baffled us. But Microsoft's best moment wasn't a product at all.
Microsoft's Windows Security (formerly Windows Defender) is now on a par with paid solutions such as McAfee and Norton, meaning you could protect your PC for the price of free.
Windows 10's May 2019 Update offers many small and subtle improvements that are worth calling out. From display brightness to cursor boldness to GameBar tweaks, get the details here.
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update offers new ways to secure your PC from ransomware, Bluetooth battery gauges, and automatic Storage Sense cloud cleanup, to name a few handy improvements.
Get your hands on the WD 1TB My Passport Go SSD. Now drop resistant up to 2 Meters.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel Buds (2020) review: Course correction
- 2 Oppo Find X2 Lite review: Gilded without being gauche
- 3 Jabra Evolve2 85 review: Learning the right lessons
- 4 Oppo Find X2 Neo review: Class Act
- 5 Huawei Matebook X Pro (2020) review: The real deal
Join the newsletter!
- macOS Big Sur: What’s new in the Photos app
- Seven ways iOS 14 will help protect your privacy
- Apple releases macOS Catalina 10.15.6 Supplemental Update
- Apple releases iOS and iPadOS 13.6.1 that fixes storage bug and green tint
- New Apple Music beta website follows iOS 14 and macOS Big Sur design
PCW Evaluation Team
Ultimately this laptop has achieved everything I would hope for in a laptop for work, while fitting that into a form factor and weight that is remarkable.
I highly recommend the Dynabook Portégé® X30L-G notebook for everyday business use, it is a benchmark setting notebook of its generation in the lightweight category.
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
- Why do gamers like RGB Lights?
- Huawei Matebook X Pro (2020) review: The real deal
- Oppo Find X2 Pro review: The Ultimate Alternative Flagship
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?