Microsoft's Windows Security (formerly Windows Defender) is now on a par with paid solutions such as McAfee and Norton, meaning you could protect your PC for the price of free.
Unlike taxes, paying full price for Windows 10 isn't inevitable. In fact, depending on your circumstances (and how much effort you're willing to spend), you could pay nothing for it.
Windows 10's May 2019 Update offers many small and subtle improvements that are worth calling out. From display brightness to cursor boldness to GameBar tweaks, get the details here.
From the Surface Pro 6 to Windows 10 S, we list Microsoft's successes, failures and head-scratchers for all of 2018.
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update offers new ways to secure your PC from ransomware, Bluetooth battery gauges, and automatic Storage Sense cloud cleanup, to name a few handy improvements.
Google's Campfire would reportedly allow Chromebooks to dual-boot with Windows. But only Google will benefit from demonstrating how poorly Windows runs on low-end hardware.
Microsoft’s Windows 10 upgrade, code-named Redstone 4 and informally known as the Spring Creators Update, offers many smaller additions and changes you might miss. We've highlighted them here.
How a distinct version of Windows 10 could appeal to PC gamers.
There's still time left to snag a good price on a laptop, even as we hit the last leg of the holiday shopping season.
After Microsoft unexpectedly killed its Groove Music Pass, it's natural to wonder about Microsoft's commitment to other consumer services.
With Windows 10's new My People app, Microsoft provides an easy way to connect to your best friends, right from your desktop. Here's how to use it.
With a connected Android phone or iPhone, your Windows 10 PC gains powers that it didn't have before.
Get your PC ready for another academic year with the best and most productive applications.
The catalog for Edge extensions isn't huge, but it's still got some helpful tools to enhance your web browsing.
Windows 10 is still a privacy-invading operating system, but the improved settings in the Creators Update give you more information and control.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Nest Hub Max (2019) review
- 2 Plantronics BackBeat Pro 5100 (2019) review
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 (2019) review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ Australian review (2019)
- 5 Oppo Reno Z Australian review (2019)
Join the newsletter!
- Surviving the Aftermath hands-on: It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine(ish)
- PDXCON 2019: Paradox reveals Crusader Kings III, Surviving the Aftermath, and more
- Overwatch: Legendary Edition (Nintendo Switch) review
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Complete Edition (Nintendo Switch) review
- John Wick Hex (2019) review
PCW Evaluation Team
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
Microsoft Office continues to make a student’s life that little bit easier by offering reliable, easy to use, time-saving functionality, while continuing to develop new features that further enhance what is already a formidable collection of applications
- Best true wireless earbuds: Jabra vs Sony vs Beats
- The Pixel 4 has everything you expected (plus a killer price-tag)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ Australian review (2019)
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?