Windows Search will now power File Explorer within Windows 10 Build 18894, apparently solving one of the issues with the May 2019 Update that's rolling out soon.
At Microsoft Build, Microsoft unveils a tabbed Terminal app and a Windows Subsystem for Linux that's built on the Linux 4.19 kernel.
In advance of Microsoft Build, Microsoft shows off what the company hopes its Cortana digital assistant will achieve. In Microsoft's vision, Cortana's all business.
Microsoft' Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18885 adds notification support to the Your Phone app and broadens WIndows' dictation capabilities.
Microsoft has discovered a bug in the May 2019 Update for Windows 10 that prevents an upgrade to the new feature release if an SD card or attached USB drive is present.
A Microsoft project manager has said that Microsoft has given up on its tabbed interface for Windows 10, also known as Sets.
Microsoft posts an early, public version of its Edge browser running on top of the Chromium platform used by Google Chrome.
As of April 15, you'll no longer be able to access Wunderlist via Windows 10's Cortana.
Microsoft is porting DirectX 12 to Windows 7 on a game-by-game basis. The first game to deliver will be World of Warcraft, with others to follow.
Only a small subset of users will be able to take advantage of the new feature, which arrives for Windows 10 Insiders.
By giving advance notice that users may see pop-up warnings, Microsoft hopes to gently steer Windows 7 users into transitioning to Windows 10.
Though Windows 10 patch KB4482887 offers a performance improvement for older Intel Core processors, it also introduces a known issue that may slow down your GPU and mouse.
If you want a basic antivirus service to protect your PC, the December tests performed by AV-Test.org indicate that Windows' own Windows Defender can do the job without worry.
Microsoft's next feature update appears to be officially named the Windows 10 April 2019 Update, reflecting the spit and polish Microsoft is emphasizing, as opposed to new features.
Microsoft releases Windows 10 Insider build 18317, which separates search and Cortana within the taskbar, adds a new way of importing fonts, and makes some changes to the "inbox" apps like Photos.
Monash University’s 100 per cent Online Data Science Single Units are designed to provide the foundation for professionals to capitalise on all of these key trends in data science.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel 3a review: Less is more
- 2 Huawei P30 Pro review: A photography powerhouse that leans into and elevates its natural strengths
- 3 Samsung Galaxy S10 review: Messy decisions mar smart evolutions
- 4 Dell G7 review: Growing pains
- 5 Nokia 8.1 review: The more things change, the more they stay the same
Join the newsletter!
- Telstra enter the Click Frenzy fray with new phone plan deals
- Huawei Australia repond to Android license crisis
- Razer Blade Stealth (2019) review: One of the nicest laptops I can't afford
- Need your dragon fix after Game of Thrones’ finale? Head to Elder Scrolls Online’s Elsweyr expansion
- Google pulls Huawei's Android license: 5 reasons not to panic (yet) if you own a Huawei phone
PCW Evaluation Team
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
- Huawei P30 Pro: Full, in-depth review
- Panasonic Lumix S1 review
- Google Pixel 3a review: Less is more
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?