A lot of phablet for not much at all
It's small and can be held in the palm of your hand, yet it's a full Windows 8.1 device
The Toshiba Encore is an 8in tablet that runs the full version of Microsoft's Windows 8.1 operating system
Windows 8.1 in pictures
Desktop computers aren't the bulky towers they used to be. Here are six mini PCs that fit in the palm of your hand and will change how you think about PCs.
Windows 8.1 and Office Home on an 8-inch touchscreen tablet for under $300
Before you install Windows 8.1, make sure you understand the gotchas and how not to get bit
Whether you’re in IT or an average end user, here’s what you need to know about the changes and new features.
A website with an image directory that uses $MFT in its name is enough to crash Windows 7 and 8 PCs.
If you have a PC running Windows 7 or 8.1 and the latest silicon from AMD or Intel, your updates are soon to be blocked.
These Windows keyboard shortcuts will take you beyond the basics.
Security firm Cybereason recently announced a free anti-ransomware program for Windows 7 and up, RansomwareFree.
Futuremark's new VRMark benchmark can tell you if your PC's capable of running virtual reality experiences.
It's not easy to turn your Steam games into Live Tiles, but this Windows Store app can help.
Microsoft's pushing Windows 10 onto Windows 7 and 8 PCs even if you didn't consent to it. Here's how to get your computer back to normal.
A nasty change to the way Microsoft's "Get Windows 10" pop-up behaves seems designed to trick users into upgrading.
Did the PC market collapse because Windows 8 sucked, or did Windows 8 suck because Microsoft overcompensated for the PC market's collapse? It's a bit of a chicken-or-the-egg scenario, but one thing's certain: Windows 8 sucked.
“The beauty of the Lumia 635 is someone with a flagship smartphone could pick this little Nokia up and still have all their needs met,” went the verdict of our Lumia 635 review.
Lenovo announced the availability of the Yoga 3 Pro locally, as well as the Yoga Tablet 2 Pro, and a couple of variants of the Yoga Tablet 2. These all sound like similar products, right? We thought we would break them down for you here so that you k...
Microsoft's Windows 8.1, the "do-over" operating system that Microsoft hopes will win back its fan base, is finally here.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- It's time to upgrade to TLS 1.3 already, says CDN engineer
- Kogan Agora 8 phone: Full, in-depth review
- Steam's Summer Sale kicks off with a $15 Steam Link, game discounts galore, and digital stickers
- Hands-on: Surviving Mars captures the excitement and dread of launching a colony mission
- Dell XPS 15 (2017) review: Kaby Lake and a 4K display make a difference
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCMultiple Front End Developers - BRISBANE | React.js | Angular.js | Node.js |VIC
- FTSenior Java and AEM DeveloperOther
- FTUser Experience Researcher - UX, UI, UCDOther
- FTTeam Leader Solution DeliveryQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Analyst - Security / DevOpsOther
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- TPDigital Business Analyst - AgileQLD
- FTSenior Developer (C# .NET SharePoint)Other
- CCNetezza DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Systems EngineerOther
- FTVoice Solution Engineer - Telecommunications (cisco)Other
- FTSenior Business Analyst - SuperannuationOther
- FTWintel Server EngineerOther
- TPSenior Project ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - PermanentWA
- FTICT Project ManagerQLD
- FTIT PMO OfficerOther
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst with BPM (Business Process Modelling)Other
- FTSAP Release ManagerQLD
- FTSAP Data Migration Specialists. Work Location - CanberraOther
- FTFixed Broadband SMEOther
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperOther
- FTClient Onboarding ManagerNSW