Lurching in the shadows of Nokia's Lumia 635 and 830
Windows Phone 8.1
The most fleshed out Windows 8.1 Phone yet
Nokia's reclaim to fame
The only 4G smartphone in its $279 price range worth buying
Windows Phone 8.1 in pictures
The mobile world's whipping post deserves a fresh look, thanks to some compelling new features
Microsoft on Wednesday unveiled Windows Phone 8.1, the first major update to its mobile OS since autumn 2012. There’s a Siri-like personal assistant, centralized notifications, an array of new customization options, and a redesigned keyboard for fast text entry.
Microsoft calls Windows phone sales "immaterial" during its quarterly earnings call on Thursday. Instead, Office and cloud sales carried Microsoft to a strong, profitable quarter.
Valve may not be too happy about Windows as a PC platform, but the company has finally rolled out a Steam app for Windows mobile devices.
Microsoft trash-talked Apple and Samsung’s flagship at the unveiling of the Lumia 830 by claiming it will outperform Apple’s iPhone and Samsung’s Galaxy as a value buy. Does its Lumia 830 live up to the hype?
Australians will be able to walk into an Optus, Telstra or Vodafone store and buy Nokia’s upcoming Lumia 930 flagship next week.
Microsoft-owned Nokia will take on Motorola with the launch of its budget Lumia 635, a quad-core smartphone running Windows Phone 8.1 and armed with 4G internet speeds.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
- This week in games: Civilization III for free, Halloween modes shower treats and tricks
- Newegg's selling a 35-inch 2560x1080 curved monitor for $449 today
- Harman Kardon Invoke hands-on: Cortana enters the smart speaker market with a boom
- iPhone 8 Plus vs. LG G6: Which has the best camera in a smartphone?
- Logitech G703 review: A mainstream wireless mouse with some exceptional features
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Solutions ArchitectOther
- TPProcess AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCMid-Level Oracle SQL DeveloperQLD
- FTBusiness Development Manager - IT RecruitmentOther
- CCIntegration ArchitectQLD
- FTCloud Engineer - AWSOther
- CCMobile Applications DeveloperQLD
- TPFront End DeveloperWA
- FTEAI DeveloperACT
- FTFront-End Developer - BankingVIC
- FTClient PrincipalOther
- CCJava DeveloperQLD
- TPSales Representative/Account Manager - Global CorporationNSW
- FTICT Infrastructure / Server EngineerSA
- CCMultiple Pega Resources Required - Developers & ArchitectsNSW
- CCData Business AnalystNSW
- FTArchsight Delivery ConsultantACT
- FTLevel 3 Desktop EngineerOther
- FTClass Super - Application Support Analyst - SMSF solutionsOther
- FTAutomation Tester - SeleniumACT
- CCDrupal Developer / Site BuilderNSW
- TPSenior ServiceNow ConsultantNSW
- TPAngular DeveloperNSW