QUESTION My PC dual-boots Windows XP 32bit and Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. Every time I work in XP I lose all my restore points in Windows 7.
QUESTION: I get an error message when trying to install Microsoft Fix It Center on my Windows XP Service Pack 3 PC. It reads: 'Detail: The remote name could not be resolved: go.microsoft.com'.
Earlier this week was Microsoft's Patch Tuesday for June--a busy Patch Tuesday with ten new security bulletins fixing 34 different vulnerabilities. However, there is now a publicly disclosed vulnerability with potentially dire consequences that didn'...
A reader wants to know if XP will still be safe after Microsoft ends support in 2014
While the easiest way to install Windows 7 on a netbook is by booting from an external DVD drive, it’s probably not worth spending $100 on a drive that you won’t use more than a few times. It’s much more economical to use a 4GB USB key, which will on...
Most modern desktops and laptops have power to spare, but netbooks are notoriously pokey. Consequently, you should turn off any operating-system features that can make your Lilliputian PC even slower.
Vista received well-deserved criticism for bringing few noteworthy new features in its train when it arrived to take over from Windows XP. In contrast, Windows 7 offers plenty of new stuff to like. Fortunately, you can add many of these features to y...
Much of the excitement about Windows 7 relates to an assortment of user-interface improvements: a little eye candy here, a few window-management tweaks there. Below are some of the highlights, along with the tools you'll need to get them for your cur...
TucsonTJ asked the <a href="http://forums.pcworld.com/community/troubleshooting/answerline">Answer Line Forum</a> for a fast, slimmed-down alternative way to boot Windows.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Realme 7 Pro review: Further progress
- 2 Oppo Watch review: A masterclass in imitation
- 3 Google Pixel 5 Review: Soft Reboot
- 4 Google Pixel 4a review: The Goldilocks Google phone
- 5 Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G review: Wrong Number
Join the newsletter!
- Apple fiscal Q1 2021 results: The company made a ridiculous amount of money
- Google updates Chrome OS with security, smart display and personalisation features
- Why Intel's first Xe graphics cards won't work in AMD systems
- Find gorgeous PC background images every day with Bing Wallpaper
- Be careful: Shopping for gaming laptops just got a lot harder
PCW Evaluation Team
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
- iPhone 12 Pro review: The iPhone that’s future proof
- Google Pixel 5 Review: Soft Reboot
- Oppo Watch review: A masterclass in imitation
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?