In 2010, Apple's Steve Jobs welcomed the post-PC era when it introduced the iPad. Now in 2017, PCs are still around and on their way to recovery, while slate-style tablets are struggling. Apple remains the top tablet seller, but its shipments are div...
Windows 10's Maps and Mail apps were once deemed inadequate by many, but have recently grown into highly useful tools.
Goodbye, product key; hello, digital license. Learn more about the changes here.
Windows 10 growth slowed slightly last month but remained robust enough to push the nearly-one-year-old OS over the 21% share bar, according to new data from metrics vendor Net Applications.
Microsoft has fixed over 40 vulnerabilities in its products Tuesday, including critical ones in Windows, Internet Explorer, Edge, and Office.
Prominent Windows PC makers have made "egregious" omissions in the software updaters they bundle with notebooks that leave customers at risk from cyberattack.
Windows Hello is Microsoft’s biometric security system for Windows 10 PCs but it requires special hardware. Japan's Mouse Computer will soon launch add-on sensors for any PC.
Just one month after Microsoft ceded the No. 1 browser spot to rival Google, Internet Explorer and Edge hemorrhaged users at an astounding rate.
A hacker is trying to sell a zero-day privilege escalation exploit that allegedly affects all Windows versions and bypasses all common exploit mitigations on a cybercrime forum.
Google's new app, available in the Chrome Web Store, lets you easily access files on a network server from within Chrome OS.
Here are both ways of doing it.
Microsoft today opened the preview of its Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection to all enterprise IT professionals.
You may think there's free space in these hidden drive partitions, but think twice before messing with anything in these locations. We use a third-party disk utility to find out what's really in them.
Microsoft had planned to release a Windows 10 update to the company's beta testers today, but the build started showing up on some users' PCs late Tuesday.
Microsoft has confirmed that it's stopped letting business customers block the Windows Store in Windows 10 Pro, annoying some users.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- The AI fight is escalating: This is the IT giants' next move
- MSI Wins Computex Best Choice Award 2017 for a Record-Breaking 5 Products
- How to take screenshots in Windows 10
- The Pi Desktop kit transforms your Raspberry Pi into a stylish, SSD-powered mini-PC
- The Full Nerd episode 23: AMD Threadripper vs Intel Core i9, Radeon Vega is here(ish)
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- TPNetwork and Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - Technology and StrategyQLD
- FTTeam LeaderSA
- TPSenior Web Developer/Consultant - ServiceNowNSW
- CCScada Project ManagerWA
- FTSenior Drupal DeveloperQLD
- TPSoftware Engineer / DeveloperQLD
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- TPMS Access/SQL DBAQLD
- TPBI DeveloperNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTlevel 2/3 SupportVIC
- FTEnterprise ArchitectVIC
- FTIntermediate Project ManagerQLD
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerQLD
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- FTSalesforce Marketing ConsultantNSW
- TPICT Customer Support OfficerNSW
- TPReporting DeveloperWA
- FTSolution ArchitectWA
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksWA
- FTBUSINESS TECHNOLOGY PARTNERVIC
- FTTIBCO Support AnalystVIC
- TPSenior Deployment Officer (Office 365)QLD