Microsoft's been candid in claiming that Windows 10 will never be perfect. The company used millions of Windows Insider beta testers to help squash bugs before launch. But as more and more users download, install, and test the new OS, notable issues ...
The normally lightly trafficked Microsoft store in Boston saw a little more action on Windows 10 launch day, but most people weren't interested in the new operating system.
Why can't I see DirectX 12 active in Windows 10?
After trying the patience of both consumers and the enterprise alike with Windows 8, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) are hoping Windows 10 will reinvigorate the market for PCs, laptops and all-in-one devices.
It's official, folks: Windows 10 will be a free upgrade for existing Windows users--as long as you claim it quickly.
Microsoft released Windows 10 to the masses on Wednesday, giving the world an opportunity to update to its newest operating system.
When Microsoft set out to build Windows 10, the company had a challenge to face: the operating system needed to appeal to the wide swath of people already using Windows.
Windows 10's facial-recognition technology, Windows Hello, has been the great white whale of Microsoft's new operating system: Microsoft has demonstrated it, but rarely has anyone been able to see it in the wild.
Mexican PC owners will be able to say "hola" to Microsoft's new operating system in a whole new way when it launches on Wednesday, thanks to language support added to Windows 10.
Microsoft appears to have patched a bug in Windows 10 that caused a key part of the OS to crash for some testers just two days before launch.
The days of folks lining up for a copy of Windows are long gone, but Microsoft isn't giving up on the old-fashioned launch day hoopla for its release of Windows 10 this week.
It's a few days before Windows 10 is officially slated to drop, and still, confusion abounds. Worse, many fallacies regarding Microsoft's plans around upgrades and support for Win10 remain in circulation, despite efforts to dispel them.
Microsoft wants people who are testing Windows 10 to update to the latest version of the operating system, and the company has provided an important incentive: anyone running an older version of the OS will be unable to access the Windows Store, star...
Windows is full of niggling little irritations. These tools fix them.
Microsoft is pushing hard to get businesses to use its Azure cloud platform, but CEO Satya Nadella said Tuesday that the company hasn't given up on its products tailored for companies that still have on-premises data centers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- The top 3 Best DDR4 computer memory RAM kits in 2017 that you can buy right now
- Watch us play Vanquish on PC
- Microsoft's Beam becomes Mixer, adds four person split-screen streaming to battle Twitch
- Nvidia's new generation of powerful GeForce GTX Battlebox PCs finally embraces AMD
- How Thunderbolt 3 won the port wars
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- The simple RAM buying guide
- MSI GE62 7RD Apache gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- TPTechnical AnalystVIC
- PTThe job "Project Manager" is now ExpiredNSW
- FTField Engineer - Hardware DeploymentsNSW
- FTIT Support EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence / Datawarehouse DeveloperSA
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTSolution Architect - DatacentreVIC
- FTScrum Master/Project ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Infrastructure Engineer (Windows & Virtualization)VIC
- FTSoftware Licensing and Contract AnalystNSW
- CCMid-level Business Process Analyst (Automation) - Contract - ParramattaNSW
- FTSenior Software EngineerACT
- FTWEB DesignerQLD
- FTAnalyst ProgrammerVIC
- FTScrum Master - TechnicalNSW
- TPProject Manager - SOE / Office 365VIC
- CCWCEM DeveloperACT
- TPBusiness Analyst / Test CoordinatorQLD
- CCData Warehouse Solution DesignersACT
- FTProgramme ManagerACT
- FTDigital Marketing Executive / Content ProducerNSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Web Developer/Consultant - ServiceNowNSW
- CCProject Manager - Salesforce ImplementationVIC