Digg founder Kevin Rose blogged this week that Apple will announce the iPad 2 in the next 3 or 4 weeks -- maybe even Feb. 1.
Careless coding and a lax review process by Apple could make it pretty simple to steal certain select applications from the brand new Mac App Store that launched yesterday.
While Research in Motion's BlackBerry OS is still the most-used smartphone platform in the United States, it's starting to hear footsteps from Google's Android.
CEO Steve Jobs took his customary $1 salary in Apple's 2010 fiscal year, which ended Sept. 25, according to documents filed today with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
Microsoft Windows president Steven Sinofsky took a shot at Apple while previewing the next generation of Windows during CES in Las Vegas, saying users are being inconvenienced because there is no convergence across the iPhone, iPad, iPod and MacBook.
Wi-Fi Direct, a wireless LAN mode that doesn't require a hotspot, is starting to emerge in handsets and will be demonstrated on an LG Electronics smartphone this week at the International Consumer Electronics Show.
While the iPad was a runaway hit for consumers in 2010, Forrester analyst Ted Schadler says its competitors should temper expectations if they expect rapid adoption in the enterprise market.
LAS VEGAS -- AT&T Wednesday announced that in February, it will start selling a version of the HTC Freestyle phone running Brew MP, an open-platform OS for phones that are smaller, less powerful and less expensive than smartphones.
LAS VEGAS -- AT&T will launch LTE smartphones, networks and other devices in mid-2011, and expects to complete a nationwide LTE deployment by the end of 2013, AT&T Mobility President Ralph de la Vega announced Wednesday at the AT&T Develo...
Qualcomm has entered into an agreement to purchase chip maker Atheros for $US3.1 billion, or $45 per share, in cash, the company said on Wednesday.
The war is over and USB has won ... or has it? At CES this week a new wireless SATA interface will try to dethrone SuperSpeed USB by offering speeds of up to 6Gbps vs. USB 3.0's max of 5Gbps.
The 802.11n standard was ratified in 2009 and WiFi really took off in 2010, with support showing up in an array of consumer electronic devices. Unfortunately security related issues escalated right along with growing acceptance. Here’s a look back a...
Jailbreaking a smartphone means fiddling with its OS so you can load the applications of your choice, bypassing the requirement to download digitally signed apps only from, say, Apple’s iTunes App Store. Opinions tend to be binary: Either jailbreakin...
Notify Technology has announced a new hosted management service aimed at enterprise deployments of different mobile platforms, including iOS, Android, BlackBerry OS, webOS and Windows Mobile.
A new survey of business IT buyers shows demand for the new-style tablets is exploding in the enterprise. One big surprise is the willingness of enterprises to use tablets such as the iPad to replace laptops, for years the main mobile computing platf...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dell’s Inspiron 27 7000 is the first Ryzen All-in-One PC, and it's upgradable too
- Intel's massive 18-core Core i9 chip starts a bloody battle for enthusiast PCs
- In Win's Winbot is a robotic interactive PC case
- Nvidia's Max-Q finally gives you GeForce GTX 1080 graphics in a thin-and-light laptop
- Launceston becomes Australia’s first gigabit city
PCW Evaluation Team
- Asus launches laptops to start Computex 2017
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTAutomation Test AnalystWA
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksVIC
- FTSr Infrastructure Automation EngineerACT
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPDigital Business Analyst - AgileQLD
- TPProject Manager | Applications and Project InitiationQLD
- CCChange & Communications AnalystQLD
- FTProgram SchedulerVIC
- CCDeployment Manager - TelcoVIC
- FTQlikview Developer | Contract 6-12mthVIC
- CCChange AnalystQLD
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerACT
- CCApplications Support/ DevOps EngineerQLD
- CCCommercial ManagerVIC
- CCPenetration Test Analyst or Ethical HackerACT
- FTHealthcare Integration Support/ Junior DBA - Brisbane BasedQLD
- TPAssistant Change Manager | System Implementation ProjectQLD
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- TPSolution Architect - LIS ProgramQLD
- FTDevelopment and Delivery Manager - CloudACT
- CCSenior Solution Analyst /Technical Business AnalystVIC
- FTDeputy Chief Engineer - Defence Systems - IT Services - Nowra BasedNSW
- TPSenior Web Developer/Consultant - ServiceNowNSW