Android and the iPhone OS remain deadlocked in a heated battle for market share in the realm of mobile advertising.
Verizon Wireless smartphone retail sales data show that Verizon needs the Apple iPhone badly, according to a research note entitled Verizon Strikes Out in Smartphones by a financial analyst at Asymco.
Verizon Wireless's first LTE smartphone will be Apple's iPhone, according to an anonymous source who told MacDaily News the device had been spotted at a company training session.
Apple has disabled, without explanation, a jailbreak detection API in iOS less than six months after introducing it. Device management vendors say the reasons for the decision are a mystery, but insist they can use alternatives to discover if an iPho...
Verizon Wireless said on Friday that laptop users with USB modems on its new high-speed LTE (Long Term Evolution) network may experience up to a two minute delay when switching over from a 3G coverage zone.
MobileIron's new version of its smartphones management software now lets an enterprise control deploying internal iOS apps to employees, and it can prevent iPhone users from loading unauthorized apps.
While Android's success has been well-documented, it's still hard to wrap your head around the idea that 300,000 Android phones are being activated every day.
On the same day that Google released its "Gingerbread" platform, it also debuted its soon-to-be-released Android platform tailored specifically for tablets.
VMware is teaming with LG to sell Android smartphones that are virtualized, allowing a single phone to run two operating systems, one for business use and one for personal use.
Google has dived back into hardware, formally announcing its second smartphone, the Nexus S for US and UK consumers.
Apple iPhone users made their displeasure known with AT&T in the latest Consumer Reports wireless carrier satisfaction survey, resulting in a last place finish for the carrier.
While Samsung’s Galaxy Tab isn’t as big a hit as Apple’s iPad, it has sold briskly and has reached the 1 million mark less than two months after its first release.
Apple iOS and Google Android are the most desired mobile operating systems, with the iPhone especially popular among women and Android phones grabbing more men.
Apple's iPhone and Google's Android might seem to have all the momentum these days, but RIM's BlackBerry OS is the surprise winner in StatCounter's latest U.S. mobile OS Internet usage numbers.
Verizon Wireless, the nation's largest wireless carrier, Wednesday will disclose details about its plan to launch its faster LTE 4G wireless network in 38 U.S. cities by the end of the year.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's Beam becomes Mixer, adds four person split-screen streaming to battle Twitch
- Nvidia's new generation of powerful GeForce GTX Battlebox PCs finally embraces AMD
- How Thunderbolt 3 won the port wars
- Samsung Galaxy Gear 360: Great for the Galaxy S8, not so much for the iPhone
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- MSI GE62 7RD Apache gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- FTSAP ISU Billing Consultant - FunctionalVIC
- FTSenior Activations Performance Analyst | $700pdVIC
- FTSenior PHP Developer / Technical LeadQLD
- CCSQL Analyst DeveloperNSW
- FTPeopleSoft Campus Solution ConsultantNSW
- FTSecurity AnalystQLD
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- TPIT Support AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager IT HealthcareQLD
- FTL&D Manager, Transformation Program in Finance ServicesNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTPrincipal Project ManagerVIC
- FTWeb Developer - Full Stack - VR 3D WebGLNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTBPM DeveloperNSW
- CCConsultant - Hogan Health CheckQLD
- TPSenior Test AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Regulatory Reforms, FinanceNSW
- FTImplementation Engineer - NetApp DATA ONTAPWA
- TPTechnical ConsultantACT
- CCIT Security Risk AnalystVIC
- FTDemand Release ManagerNSW