The UK is falling slowly but surely down the global league table for broadband, and is particularly weak in improving upload performance, a new Cisco-backed survey has found.
The office workplace that has dominated business since the 19th Century is dying and most employees would be quite happy not to work in it, a global study by networking giant Cisco has found.
CHICAGO -- Tablets computers are bound to be big sellers, and the two largest U.S. wireless carriers are getting ready to embrace that trend with retail sales of the already popular iPad and the yet-to-be released Galaxy Tab later this fall.
At 4G World this week, Ruckus Wireless is announcing new 802.11n Wi-Fi products aimed at wireless network operators, for indoor and outdoor coverage that can offload their cellular data networks.
As users demand faster WiMax and LTE wireless networks and devices, wireless carriers must vastly expand the network infrastructure that carries data from cell towers to central switching offices.
In 2008, the number of commercial aircraft that offered in-flight Wi-Fi service totaled just 25, according to market researcher In-Stat. By the end of 2010, however, In-Stat predicts that number should reach 2,000 planes.
AT&T announced Friday that it will sell all three iPad Wi-Fi + 3G models directly to business customers at a discount for wireless service starting Oct. 28. The news comes one day after AT&T announced in-store sales of the popular tablet.
AT&T isn’t just going to make the Apple iPad available in retail stores on Oct. 28, as it announced yesterday. It’s also going to start selling the popular tablets to businesses that day.
Gartner estimates worldwide sales of iPads and other tablets will total 19.5 million units this year and nearly triple that number next year as the devices win over both consumers and business customers.
The new version of Aruba Networks' Wi-Fi network software includes code to improve voice and video performance, automatically identify non-Wi-Fi radio interference and trap rogue wireless devices.
Verizon Wireless will start selling the Apple iPad packaged with a separate mobile Wi-Fi portable hotspot device on Oct. 28 at 2,000 Verizon stores, the carrier and Apple announced Thursday.
Gad! I complained a few weeks ago about frequent DNS lookup errors on my AT&T DSL connection. I tried using Google's DNS servers instead of AT&T's and, for a while, it looked like the problem was fixed. Alas, this was not the case …
The recession in 2009 led to a small reduction in Bluetooth devices shipped globally, but upcoming low-energy Bluetooth devices will trigger renewed growth in those short-distance wireless devices, especially for phones and industrial and medical gea...
If concerns about cost and security can be overcome, RFID technology could help solve a growing problem in large <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/topic/154/Data+Center">data centers</a>: losing track of IT equipment.
Steve Ballmer has been CEO of Microsoft for more than a decade, and it seems he's spent much of that time fighting off speculation that Microsoft should fire him.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
- AVG Internet Security Review: A premium antivirus suite that you can put on all your household PCs
- Avast Premier review: An attractive antivirus suite with limited install options
- Norton Security Premium review: You'll pay a pretty penny for this excellent security suite
- Why Pixel Visual Core, Google's secret image processor, is the reason to buy a Pixel 2
- Dropbox go pro with Dropbox Profesional
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Canon 6D MK II
- Panasonic’s EX600U UHD HDR TV + HTB688 soundbar:
- Which case should I buy for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTAccount ManagerACT
- CCSenior Service Delivery ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Multiple RolesACT
- FTEnterprise Architect - ApplicationsOther
- FTAPI LeadOther
- FTProject CoordinatorACT
- FTCommunications Officer (Social Media Focus)Other
- CCDesktop Support/ Field Services EngineerQLD
- CCAutomation TesterVIC
- FTIntegration Developer (WebSphere)Other
- CCIdentity & Access Management ArchitectVIC
- FTService Delivery ManagerOther
- CCService Desk AnalystACT
- FTTeam Lead, Asset Mgmt & OperationsOther
- FTChange AnalystOther
- FTPMO/Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTSystem EngineerOther
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Vehicle Fleet ManagementQLD
- CCInfrastructure Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCHead of IT TransformationVIC
- CCLead Service DesignerACT
- FTCustomer Marketing ExecutiveOther
- FTSenior Software DeveloperSA
- FTSales / Account ManagerOther
- FTRelease Manager- IT SAP ERP/EAM environmentsOther