Airlines have been charging fees for seats on the emergency aisle, priority boarding, and anything resembling baggage, so it's no surprise that cheap or free Wi-Fi access isn't a typical frill. But with one in three <a href="http://www.pcworld.com/bu...
A member of the Chronic Dev Team has tweeted that the heavily anticipated greenpois0n Apple iOS 4.1 jailbreaking solution will be released on Sunday: 10/10/10 at 10:10:10 a.m.
Although Android-based devices have been making headway onto enterprise IT networks, the Droid Pro could be the first one to really blow the doors off.
LightSquared, the billionaire-backed upstart building an LTE-based 4G network across the United States, this week announced Nokia will develop devices for the network and Qualcomm will provide chips for such devices.
A new software program lets mobile software developers create and run sophisticated tests to troubleshoot and refine enterprise smartphone applications.
For travelers who juggle a number of connected devices while on the road, Novatel’s MiFi 2200 mobile hotspot may be a little gift from tech heaven. The device connects to Sprint’s 3G EvDO network, then creates a mobile bubble of Wi-Fi that can conne...
Symantec today announced that its mobile device management software now supports Apple iOS and Google Android, via Microsoft's Enterprise ActiveSync protocol, which both platforms support. The release is part of an expanded push by the security vendo...
Android is the most popular mobile operating system among consumers who bought a smartphone in the past six months, according to new research from Nielsen.
Cisco Tuesday unveiled new additions to its mobility product lines, including an entry-level 802.11n Wi-Fi access point, a mobile VPN client, and the first step toward extending virtual desktop environments to mobile devices in the field.
Microsoft plans to phase in a limited number of Windows Phone 7 applications, starting with the formal unveiling of the first handsets next week. By starting small, Microsoft plans to give precedence to "first mover developers" at the outset, then in...
Yes, it's only a demonstration. Even so, Samsung's trial of WiMAX 2 technology that touched speeds of 330Mbps is still impressive.
A Russian company that specialises in cracking tools claims it has broken the password protection used to secure data backups from BlackBerry smartphones.
Samsung Electronics plans to reveal its latest Mobile WiMax wireless broadband technology at the CEATEC Japan 2010 electronics show this week in Tokyo.
MetroPCS, with a customer base of just 7.6 million, doesn't seem the most likely mobile operator to launch the first commercial LTE networks in the U.S., but its small size actually was one of the reasons the carrier jumped on the new technology, Met...
Sprint Nextel CEO Dan Hesse and two other Sprint executives have resigned from the board of Clearwire "out of an abundance of caution" after Clearwire raised concerns about possible antitrust issues, Clearwire said Thursday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSecurity ConsultantQLD
- TPSupport AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Banking/FinanceNSW
- TPDatawarehouse Analyst/DeveloperSA
- FTIT Systems EngineerTAS
- FTPractise Manager - SecurityVIC
- FTSenior Procurement Specialist | 3mth ContractVIC
- FTSenior Infrastructure Engineer (Windows & Virtualization)VIC
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTProject CoordinatorVIC
- FTJunior - Mid Level Technical Customer SupportQLD
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerSA
- CCState-wide Business Transition LeadQLD
- FTSenior Activations Performance Analyst | $700pdVIC
- FTSupport Engineer Level 3QLD
- TPPrincipal Portfolio Officer - One Month Contract - DSITIQLD
- FTProject Manager or Coordinator - Retail Store ProjectsNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTImplementation Engineer - NetApp DATA ONTAPWA
- CCTechnical WriterVIC
- CCSenior Communications Advisor - Australian TelcoVIC
- TPUAT CoordinatorQLD
- FTDisaster Recovery AnalystNSW
- CCMicrosoft (Sharepoint) SpecialistNSW