Extreme gets security, managed service, new vertical market access with wireless LAN deal
The wireless LAN industry nearly returned to its pre-recession health in the third quarter and is likely to achieve record revenue when the current quarter has been tallied, according research company Dell'Oro Group.
Extreme Networks on Wednesday announced a new set of enterprise wireless LAN products based on Motorola technology as part of a broader partnership that will also produce a unified control system for both wired and wireless infrastructure.
The unlikely pioneer for 802.11n is a small state college in rural New York, the site of the first large-scale 11n Wi-Fi deployment two years ago. On the surface, not much has changed at Morrisville State College -- except for the expectations of use...
Some wireless access points from Cisco Systems have a vulnerability that could allow a hacker to redirect traffic outside the enterprise or potentially gain access to an entire corporate network, a security company said.
A just released Aberdeen Group research report identifies the steps taken by best-in-class enterprise IT groups to create secure, pervasive, manageable, reliable, high-performance Wi-Fi networks.
As more enterprises deploy wall-to-wall Wi-Fi, they're finding end users voting with their network interface cards: given a choice, they go with wireless rather than wired access.
China will submit its wireless LAN security protocol to the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) for consideration as a global standard, years after its rejection by the standards body incensed Chinese backers.
A slew of new WLAN hardware and software suggests that 802.11n high-throughput WLANs are fast becoming more affordable and manageable across all industry segments.
You've done the hard work of optimizing your Wi-Fi network, and it reliably beams high-speed data to every nook and cranny of your home or office. Now, it's time to take it to the next level by connecting more than just computers.
Whitepapers about WLAN
Although residential Wi-Fi applications are a primary focus for these 802.11ac technologies, they will also have a considerable impact on enterprise wireless LANs (WLANs). Both increasing the wireless bandwidth in a cell and the trend towards multiple antennas will make it easier to provide seamless Wi-Fi coverage around physical obstructions, such as elevator shafts and stair wells. Download to learn more.
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
cloudandco Smart Cane
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Apple iPhone X
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Toys for Boys
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Bose SoundLink Micro
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Xbox One X
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
- Wolfenstein The New Colossus Review: a Nazi-stomping shooter that's more than the sum of its parts
- VyprVPN review: A good non-American, American VPN
- Asus VivoBook S510 review: Weak battery life hobbles this capable ultralight
- Get set for Amazon Australia Black Friday launch
- Uber confirms massive 2016 data breach
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Get set for Amazon Australia Black Friday launch
- Destiny 2 PC review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTBusiness Analyst - InsuranceOther
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- CCLoad Balancer SpecialistWA
- CCProject Manager - DeliveryNSW
- CCSenior Application SpecialistNSW
- FTPractice Director DevelopmentSA
- FTSolution Architect - Security/DigitalVIC
- FTIT Service DeskSA
- CCWorkforce Capacity Analyst - Contract with Large Telco in Pennant HillsNSW
- FTService Provider Manager - Asset ManagementOther
- FTAccount Management/Customer Service - MULTIPLE ROLESSA
- CCRelease ManagerACT
- FTProject Manager - Develop Strategy. Need RISI card, Rail bckgrdOther
- FTTechnical Business Analyst / Application Support AnalystOther
- FTBusiness Analyst | Gold CoastQLD
- FT.Net Developer- Active Baseline Clearance RequiredOther
- CCSharePoint Developer / AdministratorNSW
- FTProject ManagerOther
- FTManager, PortfolioOther
- TPProject Manager - Pre Sales Development ProcessNSW
- CCPega LSA - Banking IndustryVIC
- CCJunior to mid-level - Business Analyst ? AgileQLD
- FTInfrastructure/ Hybrid Cloud Architect - Government OrganisationVIC
- CCSupply Master Data Analyst - Procurement & Supply Chain - TelcoVIC
- FTReporting Analyst - Planning & ForecastingOther