A new feature of Wi-Fi could help people find both each other and things nearby, without even being near a hotspot.
WLANs / Wi-Fi
With the launch of Windows 10, anyone who walks into your house and gets your Wi-Fi password for their PC could potentially let all their friends onto your network, thanks to a new feature that has ignited controversy online.
Wi-Fi aggregator Fon is continuing its mission to cover the world with shared broadband Internet connections, with recent deals giving it a boost. But the U.S. market continues to elude the company.
The newly-announced alliance between Juniper Networks and Ruckus Wireless underscores the importance of Wi-Fi in enterprises, where employees increasingly work and access cloud applications on mobile devices.
What happens if you combine the best of Wi-Fi and cellular networks? In South Korea, consumers get gigabit-speed service to their phones.
When Microsoft rolls out a new version of Windows, the company always likes to rearrange the furniture a little bit and put old features in new spots. If you're coming to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1, one such feature is the ability to mark a Wi-Fi co...
One exciting aspect of the new MacBook Air release is the prospect of greater Wi-Fi speed and performance. That's because Apple's updated laptop sports built-in compatibility with the newest draft networking standard, 802.11ac, an upgrade of the curr...
The HDBaseT Alliance wants to change a wired dependence with a strategy it has dubbed "5Play convergence": a wired network that carries digital video, audio, data, control signals, and--most interestingly--100 watts of electrical power over a single ...
Most of the tablets, TVs, ultrabooks and smartphones on display at International CES this week ultimately are bound for someone's home, where they'll have to talk to each other. Six major home networking technologies to make that happen will be on di...
Laptops used to be the only devices on the company's wireless network. But Wi-Fi has become a ubiquitous standard used by a host of devices -- including desktop PCs, laptops, netbooks, tablets, smartphones, printers, storage devices, and projectors.
Bringing VR out of office and study spaces will serve to help it attract the new audiences it needs to continue growing
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 2 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 3 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 4 Zolo Liberty+ review: The true wireless earbuds you've been waiting for
- 5 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
Join the newsletter!
- A backpack with a USB charge port and a free Lightning cable is on sale for under $20
- Hands-on: The Atari VCS is a nostalgic mini-PC shrouded in faux wood and mystery
- Why Windows 10 needs a specialized gaming edition
- Corsair Void Pro review: The best wireless gaming headset that won't break the bank
- How to Watch Huawei P20 Launch Live Stream & Live Blog
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Interview - Netgear CEO Patrick Lo talks eSports, the NBN and why mesh is the smartphone of home Wi-Fi
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTSolution Designer/Architect - Java IntegrationOther
- FTHFC EngineerOther
- CCSENIOR PROJECT MANAGER - INFRASTRUCTURENSW
- TPDynamics CRM Support EngineerNSW
- CCOracle DeveloperVIC
- CCOffice 365 Solution DesignerQLD
- FTApplication Support Analyst - SydneyOther
- FTService Asset & Configuration ManagerNSW
- FTMultiple Solution Architect PositionsACT
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperOther
- FTProject Manager/Business Analyst (Hybrid role) - Adelaide BasedSA
- FTSAP Business Analyst x 4NSW
- TPProject Manager - ICT Infrastructure - SecurityQLD
- CCPega DeveloperVIC
- FTITSM Configuration ManagerOther
- TPMaster SchedulerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst (Junior - Mid Level)NSW
- CCAutomation Tester - Selenium Web DriverVIC
- CCSystems EngineerWA
- CCCyber Security Business AnalystVIC
- FTAnalyst DeveloperACT
- FTDigital DesignerOther
- FTBig Data Analyst/Business AnalystNSW
- FTSolution Architect - DigitalVIC
- CC0365 EngineerNSW