The free Office Online applications still have only a fraction of the capabilities in Office 2013, but an update this week adds some welcome new features -- some of which are actually ahead of the client versions.
Quip is pushing ahead with its plan to turn the mobile and cloud productivity software market on its head, adding spreadsheet capabilities to its namesake app, which until now had been limited to documents.
Quip has revamped its Web and mobile word processor, giving it new publishing and search capabilities, as the startup pushes ahead with its quixotic pursuit to disrupt cloud productivity app rivals like Microsoft and Google.
Google is releasing separate mobile apps for its Docs, Sheets and Slides apps, breaking them out from the Google Drive storage service where they used to reside.
Quip has released an API for its browser-based word processor that it hopes enterprise developers will use to make the application do more jobs in workplaces.
Adding convenience possibly at the expense of security, Google will now let people without a Google Account view documents stored in its Apps cloud suite.
Box, the Silicon Valley darling that has disrupted enterprise Cloud storage and file sharing, will broaden its scope into the content-creation space with a new online note-taking application.
A software upgrade that went wrong caused parts of the Google Docs cloud-hosted office productivity suite to go offline for an hour on Wednesday, a situation the company is taking steps to prevent.
The U.S. Supreme Court has let stand a $US300 million patent infringement ruling against Microsoft, granting a victory Thursday to i4i, which filed the lawsuit back in 2007.
Google is working to restore offline storage capabilities for its Apps productivity software and should have it done by the end of the year, according to a senior company official on Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
- Google's Instant Apps hit the Play Store as a big step toward a future of cloud-based apps
- Moto X4 Review: A good reminder of what a great deal looks like
- Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
- Opinion: KRACK makes it clear who is and who isn't ready for the next big cyber security crisis
- Samsung unifies smart-home products with Bixby 2.0
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTProgram Director - TelecommunicationsOther
- FTCoach, Lean Startup & Design Thinking approachOther
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Business ArchitectOther
- CCJunior / Mid level Hogan Technical Consultant - BrisbaneQLD
- FTMiddleware System AdministratorACT
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork and Systems EngineerWA
- FTNetwork Administrator / Junior Network OperatorOther
- CCTechnical WriterQLD
- FTPrincipal Architect/ConsultantOther
- TPBusiness Improvement ManagerNSW
- FTHelpdesk OfficerSA
- FTJunior .NET DeveloperOther
- CCBusiness/System Analyst- (Human Capital Management (HCM) )NSW
- FTOracle Developer / EngineerACT
- FTSenior Software Engineer | Data Feeds | AI & AutomationOther
- FTMarketing Executive - Digital, Direct and Customer MarketingOther
- FTHelpdesk AnalystOther
- FTProject Manager - Property /Engineering/ Construction - GovtOther
- CCTraining and Support LeadACT
- CCMessageQueue/DataPower AdministratorNSW
- TPProject DirectorQLD
- TPChange ManagerNSW