Microsoft Insiders get the first taster of user-generated tournaments on Xbox One, along with other improvements including Party Overlay.
Microsoft plans a June 11 event before the E3 console gaming show to unveil Project Scorpio and show how it fits into the Xbox One lineup.
Now you can buy games without worrying about losing money if it doesn't work on your system.
The AMD FreeSync support in Xbox Project Scorpio may help bring variable refresh rates to the living room.
Microsoft's not saying much but what the future of Windows 10's Game Mode holds, but we have some suggestions.
The Xbox One Creators Update is a major improvement, but some features have relocated or retired. Here's where everything went.
Goodbye, Snap view. One of the Xbox One's original selling points, Snap bites the dust in the Creators Update.
In Xbox One's Creators Update, Cortana has received an upgrade, supporting some new tricks such as reminders and alarms. Here's what Cortana can and still can't do.
Microsoft's Xbox Project Scorpio's hardware could actually power 4K gaming well, unlike the PS4 Pro. But sorry, PC enthusiasts: AMD's Ryzen isn't inside.
A minor redesign of the Xbox One user interface, and the major addition of Beam game streaming are the focus of the Windows 10 Creators Update for the Xbox One.
You can't use the PlayStation 4 Pro to play UHD Blu-ray, but if you have any locally saved 4K files you can watch them on Sony's console.
Windows 10 PCs and Xbox One can now transcribe speech-to-text or text-to-speech in Halo Wars 2.
Microsoft is spreading the love with its mixed reality platform and will bring it to consoles in 2018.
Overwatch console players complain that gamers using a keyboard and mouse are ruining the fun for everyone.
Irony: Microsoft's Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15019 for the PC offers some much-anticipated gaming features, but a small horde of bugs could make some games unplayable. From Microsoft's perspective, it's all part of the beta-testing journey.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- TPAgile Projet AdministratorVIC
- FTCustomer Service OperatorVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence / Datawarehouse DeveloperSA
- FTBusiness Development Manager IT Software & Primary HealthcareQLD
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- FTDIRECTOR PROJECT DELIVERY, WELLINGTONNZ
- CCTransport EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Drupal DeveloperQLD
- CCCloud Engineer - Multiple roles - AWS/AzureVIC
- CCDisaster Recovery SpecialistQLD
- FTPrincipal Consultant / Account Delivery Executive.NSW
- FTAgile CoachNSW
- TPICT Customer Support OfficerNSW
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- CCUX DeveloperQLD
- FTAccounts and Office AdministratorNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- TPICT Customer Support OfficerNSW
- FTProject CoordinatorVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- TPData Migration LeadNSW
- FTData Analyst - BIQLD
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW