With Google, IBM, SAP, Intel and other tech titans reporting earnings this week, the focus is again on mobile and cloud technology. The general trend appears to be that the further a tech vendor has moved away from its legacy desktop-oriented product...
European privacy authorities have invited Google, Microsoft and Yahoo to discuss the implementation of a landmark ruling by Europe's top court that gives people the right to have personal information excluded from search results.
Yahoo reported falling sales and mixed results in its crucial advertising business on Tuesday, signaling further challenges ahead in CEO Marissa Mayer's efforts to turn around the aging company.
Yahoo has acquired online video streaming company RayV with the aim of distributing content to more people, particularly via mobile devices.
News about how tech sales are doing has been mixed, ahead of a flood of earnings reports from vendors.
Microsoft updated the Certificate Trust List in Windows to revoke trust for a certificate authority operated by the Indian government after it improperly issued at least 45 SSL certificates for domains owned by Google and Yahoo.
More casualties of Yahoo’s attempts to narrow the focus
The scope of a recent security breach at a digital certificate authority (CA) controlled by the Indian government is bigger than initially thought and also targeted domain names owned by Yahoo, in addition to several owned by Google.
A massive pro-democracy protest in Hong Kong may have prompted China's censors to block several foreign Internet products, including messaging apps Line and KakaoTalk, and Microsoft's OneDrive storage service.
Yahoo is shutting down a range of products, including apps from its acquisition of email management service Xobni, and its Shine women's lifestyle site.
Facebook has followed Google and Yahoo in revealing just how diverse its workforce is, and just like the other two tech giants, it's a whole lot white and a whole lot male.
Yahoo has released an Android personalisation app that could give the company a stronger foothold in mobile contextual search.
Mining personal data to deliver targeted ads is the lifeblood of Google's business -- and of many other online firms. But what if that data dries up at the source?
Tim Cook admires Macs running Windows. Mark Zuckerberg flop-sweats. Marissa Mayer fancies herself a graphic designer. The bigger the names, the bigger the embarrassment when things go awry.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
- AMD's new AM4 motherboard software cures Ryzen's memory headaches
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCAppian Developer x 2VIC
- TPICT Customer Support OfficerNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCTesting Manager - Energy sectorVIC
- CCSenior Procurement SpecialistVIC
- CCWintel Server EngineerNSW
- FTSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- FTJunior - Mid Level Technical Customer SupportQLD
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- FTDatabase Developer - SQLACT
- FTMobile Apps TesterWA
- CCAS400 / iSeries EngineerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Procurement Specialist | 3mth ContractVIC
- TPData AnalystVIC
- TPDelivery Coordinator - ProjectsQLD
- FTSenior .NET DevelopersSA
- FTUrgent -Java Developer (Programmer). 3 different positionsVIC
- CCProgram ManagerVIC
- FTSenior IT Project ManagerSA
- FTIT Field Services ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Microwave Transmission EngineerNSW