We have looked extensively at manipulating files on the file system. This time we will look at directories, the other major component of conventional file systems.
The PHP column 'PHP file system functions' looked at PHP functions that give developers more information about files and the file system itself. This time, we will expand on this by looking at symbolic links.
In this column, we will look at the range of functions PHP provides for interacting with the file system. At their most basic level, file systems interface storage media - generally hard disk drives - with applications. The most popular file systems ...
This buying guide will help you decipher information about inkjet printers and make your choice an easier one.
Over previous tutorials, we have occasionally made use of arrays without going into much detail about exactly what arrays should be used for, which kind of arrays are supported by PHP and the routines the language provides to simplify array usage.
Dates and time form an important part of many sophisticated PHP applications. From simply displaying the date for a user to validating dates and times in user-supplied input, PHP developers have a wealth of functions to solve all manner of problems.
The File Transfer Protocol (FTP) is widely used to transfer files across networks. Utilising it in a PHP script allows you to increase the level of sophistication of your PHP scripts as well as learn more about how FTP works. Before proceeding, get t...
The PHP Extension and Application Repository (PEAR) is an open source structured library of packages for PHP developers. These packages provide routines which solve problems PHP developers regularly face: sending structured e-mail (such as an HTML at...
HTML e-mail has transformed Inernet communication from one of standard text correspondence to an environment where users may choose to send and receive messages in the same format as online Web pages.
In previous columns we investigated some basic image tips and the necessary syntax for coding an image into your Web site. This time we look in more detail at the images themselves: their properties, where you can find them, and how to optimise them ...
The focus of object orientation is the logical grouping of related variables into a generic variable - an object. Before you can create an object, however, you must create a class. A class is a template for an object. The following class, Vehicle, is...
In past columns, we have investigated the basic structure of HTML tables and their many properties. This showed you how to create basic tables and insert data, images and additional code into them.
Last time we looked at how to insert CSS into the HEAD tags of your HTML pages for formatting within an individual page. Now we show how to create a separate CSS template to link to multiple pages. This will enable you to make formatting changes onc...
Personal data stored on your computer is worth a lot more than just the hardware. Make sure you take the necessary steps to ensure you protect it.
As well as being great for generating textual content dynamically, PHP is also useful for dynamically creating images. Using a special PHP extension, we'll explore the possibilities of image creation in this column over the next few columns.
Find out how these 2 reviewers were able to make significant improvements to their small meeting effectiveness
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
- Logitech announce new MX Sound speakers
- How integration supports the supply chain evolution
- Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- Telstra looks to solve 'Entertainment Exasperation' with new 4K Telstra TV
- Logitech Powerplay review
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- Moto X4 review
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTLead Solution ArchitectSA
- TPSenior .NET ContractNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Business Case - Risk & Compliance - ContractNSW
- FTJunior Java DeveloperOther
- FTL1/L2 Helpdesk Technician - FIFOWA
- FT.Net/Front-End DeveloperQLD
- CCInfrastructure SMENSW
- FTData Centre EngineerOther
- CCUser Experience DesignerACT
- FTSAP Operations AnalystOther
- FTTest AnalystOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Permanent PositionQLD
- FTIT Rollout TechnicianSA
- CCIntegration Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCContent WriterNSW
- CCTechnical Lead - Infrastructure SMENSW
- CCSet-Top Box InstallerQLD
- TPIT Security ManagerQLD
- FTSCCM SpecialistOther
- FTProject Co-OrdinatorOther
- FT3 X Project Managers - Financial ServicesOther
- FT.Net DeveloperOther
- CCSenior Workbrain Functional Expert - Brisbane BasedNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Multiple RolesACT
- CCiMIS SpecialistNSW